Any lines on a wheel set??

7 replies to this topic
  • Amador

Posted April 26, 2001 - 01:17 PM

Does anybody know where to get a good deal on a new wheel set? Excel/talon I'm sure. They seem to dominate the market. $1000.00 seems to be the standard, but I've gotta beleive thay can be found cheeper.
Thanks for any info.

• BBRguy

Posted April 27, 2001 - 02:01 PM

I have a set of black excel rims (the rear is scratched some) and gold talon hubs, if you want to buy them, the rear rime will be BRAND new never ridden on, bulldog spokes and nipples, in fact the rear rim and spokes will all be brand new never ridden on...it would include Black Excel Rims (fnR) gold talon hubs (fnr) bulldog spokes and nipples. thats it, if you want tires or brake rotors with them it would be more...im selling them for about 650...the reason so cheap is cause the rear rim has a scratch on it around the edge...easily fixed...but hey thats a 1500 set of rims and spokes and hubs for 650, still darn good...post a reply if interested.
-Eric

• Amador

Posted April 28, 2001 - 06:27 PM

Yes, I am very interested. I have a 426 will they fit. I don't know what they are off of. If not, do you know what it will take to make them fit?? Drop me a line. Either here or at cmaun@sportpharma.com

Thanks,

Chris

• Amador

Posted April 28, 2001 - 06:28 PM

Yes, I am very interested. I have a 426 will they fit. I don't know what they are off of. If not, do you know what it will take to make them fit?? Drop me a line. Either here or at cmaun@sportpharma.com

Thanks,

Chris

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman393

Posted April 29, 2001 - 06:44 AM

yes the wheels off of a 98' YZ400 will fit onto a 426. But only if you use a 426 axle and axle blocks then they will bolt up nicely! I cant believe you are selling those SWEET hubs/rims/and spokes Eric, If I had the money I would buy them! Whoever buys them wont be disappointed they are in great shape. Later,

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!
Friendswood, TX

• YZ400Court

Posted April 29, 2001 - 07:47 AM

I sold a friend a set of Excel talon combos from my 98 YZ400 for his 2000YZ426. The front is okay, but the rear 98 hub has a smaller diameter. He had the inside of the hub machined to fit the 2000.If you want to use 2000 rims on 98 bike you meed the brake carrier, disk, caliper axle axle carriers ect...Don't forget Talon hubs do not use the YZ sprockets. You have to buy mew sprockets also.

------------------
Pretend it's flat and give it the gas.

• BBRguy

Posted April 29, 2001 - 11:48 AM

i have a few extra talon gold sprockets, i think a 49 and a 52 ill throw those in too...cause i cant use them on the stock rim...i dont have an e-mail account so i cant e-mail you amador...but if you are honestly interested then you can give me a call during the day at 281-461-4846 my name is eric..maybe we can work something out...ok thats about it..
-Eric

• Amador

Posted April 29, 2001 - 01:49 PM

Sounds good Eric, I'll be calling you. My name is Chris. Talk to you later!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.