coolent

3 replies to this topic
  • NICK_FELT

Posted April 25, 2001 - 07:23 PM

i have a yz125 and want to know if it is ok the mix water wetter, water, and antifreeze?
i,m going to glamis this weekend and want my bike as cool as possible. :)

• F-Pilot

Posted April 25, 2001 - 07:46 PM

Yes, its ok. Distilled water and water wetter will give you the best cooling but you need some anti-freeze or water soluable oil to keep everything lubed and non-corrosive.
Try 70% water to 30% anti-freeze with about 4oz of water wetter.
If your radiators ard painted (black) get some gasket remover that is ok for aluminum and use it to strip all the paint off, especially on the vanes.
Oh yeah, it will help to get rid of that little 2-smoke, buy yourself an "F", 250 or 426!

[This message has been edited by F-Pilot (edited 04-25-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NICK_FELT

Posted April 26, 2001 - 04:53 AM

THANKS FOR THE HELP. I AM GETTING RIDE OF THE 125 IN ABOUT A MONTH. ANYONE IN SO. CAL GOING TO SELL THEIR YZ400F SOON? :)

• crgagner

Posted April 26, 2001 - 11:50 AM

Everyone says you need to add antifreeze, well I beg to differ, 5 oz of Water Wetter and 1 gallon of distilled water should give you the best mix. This is the same mix I used on my Roadrace bike running 10 to 12 grand on the tach for 30 to 45 minutes at a time and it worked out real well.

Craig

Forgot to mention, Antifreeze is not allowed in roadracing !

[This message has been edited by crgagner (edited 04-26-2001).]

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.