Throttle Cables

6 replies to this topic
  • JBM

Posted April 25, 2001 - 05:55 AM

It looks I will need to replace my throttle cables, they are beginning to break near the carb. Has anyone replaced theirs? What did you go with, OEM or Motion Pro or something else? Any info would be appreciated.

• SUnruh

Posted April 25, 2001 - 07:59 AM

Motion Pro T2 (terminator) cables are the best. they are wound differently and don't stretch as much over time.

• motoman393

Posted April 25, 2001 - 12:30 PM

I also recommend the Motion Pro T2 terminator cables! I totally trashed my stock ones the first month I had my bike (due to a endo head-over-head crash)! If I remember correctly they were $32 for both, they also look really cool because they are gray color. My throttle also is much smoother now.

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!
Friendswood, TX

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DaveJ

Posted April 25, 2001 - 12:31 PM

The cables frayed on mine by the carb. Bad alignment, and not enough lube. My fault.

I purchased a Motion Pro and one of the two cables was too long. So I used the good side of the factory with the new side of the Motion Pro.

I'm sure it was just a fluke or others on the board would have seen this.

• JBM

Posted April 25, 2001 - 01:34 PM

Thanks fellas,
After some checking, I found that the OEM cables cost about $30, so I'm going to go with the Motion Pro T2 cables as you guys recommend. Sugg. retail is $31.30. Anyone have any recommended mail order place I can get these?

• Boit

Posted April 25, 2001 - 10:57 PM

Ditto on the T2's. Bob's might have them. I got mine from Westwood Int'l for about $24. I always try to have an order large enough to get the most benefit from the shipping costs.

• JBM

Posted April 26, 2001 - 01:27 PM

I got the T2s from for $26, and got very good service too. They also have Yamaha OEM stuff. Thanks again.

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.