Hot start button means just that...If it's HOT, use it.

1 reply to this topic
  • Cid

Posted August 09, 2003 - 05:43 AM

Living in Houston in the summer it get's so hot it's not even funny. Really humid hot. Yesterday was the worst day all year. I went out to start my bike and just opening the garage door almost cooked me. I did my reg starting ritual which always works...and nothing. The engine had not been run so I figured it was a "cold" start. Nothing though. After a few trys I thought, heck it's hot enough to melt metal in here, so I pulled the hot start button and vrrroooom...one kick.

Moral? The hot start button doesn't just work if you have been riding. If it's butt hot ouside...and your bike won't start, give it a try. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha250f

Posted August 10, 2003 - 07:03 PM

When its that hot I just kick it, no choke no hot start, always fires up

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.