wr450 stutter

6 replies to this topic
  • jstein

Posted April 01, 2011 - 03:51 PM

i have a 03 wr450 that im having issues with a stutter/bog. whenever i crack it open it bogs then takes off. if i pull the choke it doesnt do it. does this mean i need to richen up the bottem end? if so how do i go about doing this? thanks for any info.

• jstein

Posted April 01, 2011 - 06:10 PM

also. settings right now are 48 pilot jet, 168 main, 40 leak. stock needle on 3rd notch, grey wire, cut throttle stop, snorkle out, fmf pipe, uni air filter.

• gggsxr11

Posted April 02, 2011 - 12:55 AM

mate just had same trouble with mine,my mate the mechanic has it and the first thing is unplug the tps on the carby then do the zip tie mod on the accellerator pump linkage and that fixed mine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted April 02, 2011 - 03:01 AM

Take a look at the top of the forum........

• pwrpapa

Posted April 05, 2011 - 01:49 AM

You needle a larger needle..

• William1

Posted April 05, 2011 - 03:19 AM

Not the needle....

• miweber929

Posted April 05, 2011 - 04:18 AM

This is what Stickys are made for.........

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.