Replacing Carb Vent Hoses

3 replies to this topic
  • broncomoto

Posted April 01, 2011 - 02:46 PM

My carb vent lines are 5 years old and brittle and probably restricted. I want to replace them. Are the vent lines fuel lines? I hear tell they are just vinyl that one could purchase at Home Depot. MX Bonz has a cool kit, but I waited too long to order it so I wouldn't get it by this weekend and I want to knock this out tomorrow.

• Mr. Neutron

Posted April 01, 2011 - 03:57 PM

I replaced mine with the 1/8" id vinyl stuff you get from the hardware store for around $.20 a foot or so...... It works good. I needed more than I actually bought at first; I believe you need around 7' or so????

Jimmie

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • indy rider

Posted April 01, 2011 - 04:13 PM

I replaced mine with blue colored air pump tubing from a pet store. I believe that even Walmart carries it. So far so good.

• Ryan426

Posted April 01, 2011 - 04:44 PM

I replaced mine with blue colored air pump tubing from a pet store. I believe that even Walmart carries it. So far so good.

I think I'm going to Wal-Mart tonight. :cheers:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.