2008 yz 450f pilot jet change

9 replies to this topic
  • lanny574

Posted April 01, 2011 - 07:57 AM

does anyone know of an easier way to change the pilot jet out, without having to take ther carb out?

• grayracer513

Posted April 01, 2011 - 08:11 AM

Do you know why it says, "look here first" on the Common Threads Sticky? :cheers:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=556427

Motion Pro makes a ready-made for the purpose screwdriver, but the paper clip trick is still unbeatable.

A 2" inspection mirror is also helpful. :ride:

• SXP

Posted April 01, 2011 - 11:03 AM

Do you know why it says, "look here first" on the Common Threads Sticky? :cheers:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=556427

Motion Pro makes a ready-made for the purpose screwdriver, but the paper clip trick is still unbeatable.

A 2" inspection mirror is also helpful. :ride:

I find laying the bike on it's right side also makes the process easier. I envy your lack of a starter (in this ONE instance only:smirk:), as it does open up some more room to work with.

• yzf1999

Posted April 01, 2011 - 04:03 PM

loosen the carb boots, rotate the carb as much as possiable and drop the float bowl (4 allen bolts)....thats how i did mine

• idahoexcr500

Posted April 02, 2011 - 03:01 PM

I also removed the seat, tank and top motor mounts to allow the carb to rotate a little further. not that much more work.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted April 02, 2011 - 04:47 PM

does anyone know of an easier way to change the pilot jet out, without having to take ther carb out?

I also removed the seat, tank and top motor mounts to allow the carb to rotate a little further. not that much more work.

Not easy anymore.....

• Family Man

Posted April 02, 2011 - 04:48 PM

yeah no special tools needed.

• dvn

Posted April 02, 2011 - 05:23 PM

I used the paper clip method on my daughter's YZ250F today. Worked like a charm! :cheers:

• ttr250dude

Posted April 03, 2011 - 03:20 AM

Not easy anymore.....

It's all just nuts and bolts. Nothing complicated.. When i was in 5th grade i took off all my plastics and my seat just for fun. You wont learn until you try :cheers:

• SXP

Posted April 03, 2011 - 09:50 AM

It's all just nuts and bolts. Nothing complicated.. When i was in 5th grade i took off all my plastics and my seat just for fun. You wont learn until you try :cheers:

Something was lost in translation......

I was commenting on the post of the person who I quoted. His method made it more complicated (IMO) then it needed to be. Hence the "it's not easy anymore" comment.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.