I called XR’s Only

197 replies to this topic
  • XRidiculous

Posted April 19, 2006 - 07:26 PM

I've ordered from Xr's Only in the past, and I did today.

Registered on their site-linking my payments through PAYPal, I've had no problems.

Let's just assume all people are lame. If you want to reduce lameness-take steps away from people, so that the likelihood of failure is reduced, and they might be able to do a few tasks without sucking.

A computer-generated order, already paid-is all I can do really to reduce a screw-up, and it has worked so far.

One day you'll all tell your grandkids about walking through a snowstorm, uphill, to get some good customer service....

• skyriver

Posted April 19, 2006 - 09:26 PM

Maybe I got lucky. My order for 2 Eibach springs earlier this month worked great. I had them shipped to an American address after dood suggested it works better then shipping across the line. Order received in 4 days. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

That is a beautiful picture. I hope my shock looks just like that by next week sometime because my bike looks just like that... except I left the wheel on. I'm registered and used paypal so I'm confident they'll come thru..... please!
I'll report back. I do believe in the power of person to person advertising... the web just makes it a little bigger. Not sure if that's good or bad. I just wanna a spring!! :thumbsup:

• ACMoodz

Posted April 20, 2006 - 04:59 AM

I have recently placed two orders with XRs Only. The first was a major Cluster F***, I assumed that if I placed an order via the Internet and payed with paypal that they would promptly send what was requested and paid for...wrong...two weeks later I called and found out that items were back ordered so they held the entire order.

The second ( I know, why would I do it again???) was for a header pipe and muffler. I called this time, had a guy put his hands on it and then placd my order via the internet. I called back to make sure that they had my order and were shipping it and a different guy said "we will get to your order we we can...", I then ask him to make sure it was there he said, with out checking that they do not have it in stock. I had him transfer me to the book keeper so I could get my paypal account credited, she asked why and I explained what had happened. She was amazed. She put me on hold and five min later she cam e back on, apologized and said that my stuff was being boxed right now and that they would pay the freight for 2 day service. She also asked my to call back and tell the owner what had happened.

I got my pipe, as promised. I guess there is hope for a company that has a great history with inovating XRs.

• jbird710

Posted April 20, 2006 - 10:10 AM

Wish I would have seen this thread before I made the mistake. See my
thread:
http://www.thumperta...t=Worst service

• BWB63

Posted April 20, 2006 - 03:08 PM

Over 70% of those on this thread that have bought from XR's only has had a problem! I think the point has been made that you have a great chance of having a problem if you by from XR's only. Thread Started in 8-8-2003, looks like they still haven't got the clue. They even had some guys from there shop on here.

XR's only & Four strokes only have given bad service the majority of the time.

• dirtsquirt101

Posted April 20, 2006 - 03:25 PM

I had problems with XR's only when I bought the 280 kit from them and sent them my cylinder for a bore and hone. I told everyone on here what I was going through with nothing but the truth. The next time I talked to them on the phone he asked me if I was the guy from thumpertalk. That he got 3 phonecalls about what I was writing. Don't think that you aren't heard!!!

• Max Power

Posted April 20, 2006 - 05:43 PM

That is a beautiful picture. I hope my shock looks just like that by next week sometime because my bike looks just like that... except I left the wheel on. I'm registered and used paypal so I'm confident they'll come thru..... please!
I'll report back. I do believe in the power of person to person advertising... the web just makes it a little bigger. Not sure if that's good or bad. I just wanna a spring!! :thumbsup:

This is what it looks like installed. :confused: Hope you get yours. :thumbsup:

Wheel is off because of new chain and sprockets.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• skyriver

Posted April 20, 2006 - 06:34 PM

Very nice. Well, I'm feeling better today. I called and got a guy that immediately checked stock for me. After a brief time, a gal came on there and called me by my name and said the spring is in stock and that they will ship just as soon as my stupid paypay echeck clears. I'm hoping tomorrow. Anyway, I'm shipping the shock off tomorrow to get serviced, tall bars should get here Monday.... If everything falls in place I could be riding by May. Picked the wrong time of year to do this... Just heard the weather is supposed to be warmer than usual the next 2 weeks. D'oh!!!!

• Max Power

Posted April 20, 2006 - 06:40 PM

Very nice. Well, I'm feeling better today. I called and got a guy that immediately checked stock for me. After a brief time, a gal came on there and called me by my name and said the spring is in stock and that they will ship just as soon as my stupid paypay echeck clears. I'm hoping tomorrow. Anyway, I'm shipping the shock off tomorrow to get serviced, tall bars should get here Monday.... If everything falls in place I could be riding by May. Picked the wrong time of year to do this... Just heard the weather is supposed to be warmer than usual the next 2 weeks. D'oh!!!!

Cool. Keep us posted.

• MotoGoalie

Posted April 21, 2006 - 07:48 AM

Hello,
I use to work at a dealership and those people have a person that all they do is take care of there screw up's. We really dont make that many mistakes for how many order we do.

Are you serious? The only reason you have customers is because PT Barnum was correct.

Check out many of these threads. Your company, XRs Only has got to be the poster child for one of the most poorly run shops in this country.

http://www.thumperta...earchid=1392964

But, hey, if people are stupid enough to keep giving you guys money. More power to you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motochris

Posted April 21, 2006 - 08:41 AM

I've used them a few times, never a problem. Last time (about a month ago) was for an Eibach spring for my 650. They were the ONLY place that had it in stock. It was here in 2 days.
I'm getting ready to order more today.

• CrackiN

Posted April 21, 2006 - 09:37 AM

I've used them a few times, never a problem. Last time (about a month ago) was for an Eibach spring for my 650. They were the ONLY place that had it in stock. It was here in 2 days.
I'm getting ready to order more today.

Looks like XR's Only has some employees planting positive posts to try to repair thier reputation....Too funny :thumbsup:

• motochris

Posted April 21, 2006 - 09:42 AM

I'm not an employee dipsh!t, I'm just letting you know my experience with them. Geeez....you must be one of those "conspiracy theory" goons. :thumbsup:

• CrackiN

Posted April 21, 2006 - 09:48 AM

I'm not an employee dipsh!t, I'm just letting you know my experience with them. Geeez....you must be one of those "conspiracy theory" goons. :thumbsup:

What a pottie mouth...I'm calling your Mom :thumbsup:

• MotoGoalie

Posted April 21, 2006 - 10:05 AM

The company sucks, its managed by illiterate people, some even posted in this thread, orders are filled by people who cannot read, cannot use arabic numerals in any meaningful manner and don't know the difference between truth and lies.

Other than that XRs Only Rulz d00d.

Got that, Plantboy? :thumbsup:

• motochris

Posted April 21, 2006 - 10:17 AM

Got that, Plantboy? :thumbsup:

Plantboy? What the heck does THAT mean?
It's unfortunate that so many people have had problems dealing with XR's ONLY. My personal experience thus far has been good, and I'll continue to deal with them until I have a problem. No reason not too.

• HOOLPE

Posted April 21, 2006 - 10:47 AM

I'll have to defend them too. I've purchased several things from them without any problems. The guys in the back were very helpful too. Does anyone have any pictures of a 650r that was in the front office. The frame and swingarm are powdercoated black? the bike wasn't completely together when I saw it, but it was coming together very well.

• CrackiN

Posted April 21, 2006 - 10:47 AM

[/QUOTE]It's unfortunate that so many people have had problems dealing with XR's ONLY. My personal experience thus far has been good, and I'll continue to deal with them until I have a problem. No reason not too.[/QUOTE]
All I can say is if my group is getting screwed by someone or some company I will pull my support until something is done....You are welcome to continue your support of XR's Only but I would doubt that you will get very much support from this group. The question is not IF you are going to get screwed, it is WHEN....I think the purpose of this thread is to help this group find dependable parts and service...Xr's Only does not meet that requirement and from what I have seen they are doing nothing to change the situation at this time....If and when they do change I am sure we will all begin to use them again but, we will still be loyal to the suppliers that are taking care of us now...XRs Only will be an after thought....We don't need them, they need us...

• motochris

Posted April 21, 2006 - 11:12 AM

I would doubt that you will get very much support from this group.

I don't need or want your support, nor did I ask for it.....I'm a big boy that doesn't need the approval of others to do as I please.

If and when they do change I am sure we will all begin to use them again ...

How will you know if they change? I post the fact that I've had no problems, and you think I'm an employee trying to make the place look better.

I really don't care one way or the other who uses them, I merely posted the fact that I've had no problems in numerous dealings with them. I will continue to patronize the shops that treat me right, and it so happens that XR's Only has done well by me. :thumbsup:

• CrackiN

Posted April 21, 2006 - 11:51 AM

I don't need or want your support, nor did I ask for it.....I'm a big boy that doesn't need the approval of others to do as I please.

How will you know if they change? I post the fact that I've had no problems, and you think I'm an employee trying to make the place look better.

I really don't care one way or the other who uses them, I merely posted the fact that I've had no problems in numerous dealings with them. I will continue to patronize the shops that treat me right, and it so happens that XR's Only has done well by me. :thumbsup:

Employee or not I am still calling your Mom.... :thumbsup:
I takes a real moron to continue using a mail order company that gets 70% of the orders wrong...I could understand if the part absolutely can not be found anywhere else but other than that it is just stupid to continue to gamble...You'll be on here crying soon enough....I guess some people just have to learn the hard way.... :confused:

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.