I called XR’s Only

197 replies to this topic
  • Moredesert

Posted August 13, 2003 - 06:41 AM

I sent XR's only a note asking them to read our board and this is the responce I received.

"Hello,
We try to keep everyone happy and sometimes there are just some guys that you cant keep happy."

XR's Only

• YZ250F49

Posted August 13, 2003 - 06:43 AM

"Hello,
We try to keep everyone happy and sometimes there are just some guys that you cant keep happy."

Isn't that what GREY DAVIS said? :)

• YZ250F49

Posted August 13, 2003 - 06:45 AM

... there are just some guys that you cant keep happy."

READ: XR's Only customers.

• xrsonly

Posted August 13, 2003 - 11:39 AM

Hello,
I work at xr's only and I recall the order this man is talking about. And that is not how the story goes. We did tell him that we had the spring on the shelf and we sould send it to him. We 2 orders that day for the same part and one person didnt get there order. He called and he was not told "to bad thats how it goes" He was told sorry for the problem when we get the spring we will next day air it to you if you would still like it. He was not very understanding and didnt want to hear about it said that he was going to post on this site to make things bad for us. So hear we are. We do not trear our customers like that and never have. We value our customers that we have and make sure that they are treated good. We do a lot of orders everyday and yes we do make some mistakes but we make sure that we fix them.Example: A guy called us that had his motor built hear a few month ago, big motor race motor.The thing blows up and he calls us to tell us what happend. We told him hey send it down and if it was our fault we will fix it for free. Turns out the thing was ran low on oil and we still gave the guy big dicounts and some free parts to get him back on the track. I would say thats pretty good customer service. Thanks for reading my post. Roost on

• qcustom

Posted August 13, 2003 - 11:47 AM

I have placed 4 orders and all 4 orders were screwed up in some way. Wrong part, miss boxed, sent the wrong order to GPR. I am done with XR's only.

• FooBarr

Posted August 13, 2003 - 11:48 AM

--I deleted this post due to the fact that manager himself replied to the thread--

I find that positive customer relations.

• xrsonly

Posted August 13, 2003 - 11:55 AM

Hello,
I use to work at a dealership and those people have a person that all they do is take care of there screw up's. We really dont make that many mistakes for how many order we do.

• Bultaco206

Posted August 13, 2003 - 12:25 PM

We really dont make that many mistakes for how many order we do.

There shouldn't be any. Geez, if my doctor had that attitude I woudn't be here typing this post. I realize that mistakes happen. Hell, I make 'em, too. But the problem today is that NOBODY gives a crap about anything these days. I've never bought anything from 'xrsonly' but have called on the phone a couple of times to ask some questions. Once I was laughed at and another time I was cut off three or four times. I get better service at my local dealer. I've quit mail-ordering and on-line buying for my XR and now go local exclusively. Customer service takes on a whole new meaning when it's face to face versus swapping e-mails or over the telephone. :)

• SBG

Posted August 13, 2003 - 01:34 PM

I took my bike to XR's Only back in 87/88 and met Al. He seemed like a great guy even though he appeared to be very busy. I had my XR200's engine totally done up along with the fork and shock. They did a great job and discussed everything with me. This was a cool experience getting to go there and have them talk me through it. Life is different 15-20 years later, and phone and e-mail is very impersonal. It's easier to talk down to someone you may never meet. It's also easier to twist a story on a BB too. I'm sure this story is 50/50. I'm sure the 2 orders for the same part happened (one of those things), I'm sure XR's Only got a call about it, and I'm sure they got flack before they gave it out. People forgot how life was even 15 years ago. You had to wait weeks for crap you ordered, NO OVERNIGHT CRAP! Everyone wants everything and RIGHT NOW! Life isn't perfect and neither are these companies or the people that work there. So if you yell at some guy cause you didn't get a shock spring, HOW DO YOU THINK HE WILL RESPOND? Before you yell at people (who might not have even spoken to you) imagine what your feelings and attitude would be if someone started bitching you out and you didn't know the whole story. I'm not making excuses for XR's, but it seems people get mad at these places for crap they can't always control.

As for AL, I forget what year he died, but it was in a personal aircraft. Al loved flying more than dirtbikes.

Best advice for dealing with places is to keep a cool head. If you're going to blow your stack, remain calm and ask for your money back.

• loufish

Posted August 13, 2003 - 02:33 PM

First of all, thanks to "xrsonly" for replying, as far as engine problems, I've seen so many people buy a kit, but don't have the experence to assemble correctly, so they blame the guy who sold them the parts when it comes un-assed. Before I picked up my BRP, I had a $1000 to spend on aftermarket parts, some of that went to XRs Only, but they did screw up part of my order, so I had to get those items thru B/Designs, all this before I even picked up the bike from the dealer! I later gave XR's another chance...read my earlier post on what happened that time. You seem like a good guy "XRSONLY", but from a consumer point, tell me why I should give you guys a third chance?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xrsonly

Posted August 13, 2003 - 04:10 PM

Hello,
Hear at xrs only we really do try to customers happy its really hard to do sometimes. We have a good staff of guys hear we have gotten rid of some trash over the last few months. Our manager hear trys really hard to keep things going smooth. We do make mistakes who doesnt. But we do fix them and we fix them right.

• needsprayer

Posted August 13, 2003 - 05:12 PM

Hello,
I work at xr's only and I recall the order this man is talking about. And that is not how the story goes. We did tell him that we had the spring on the shelf and we sould send it to him. We 2 orders that day for the same part and one person didnt get there order. He called and he was not told "to bad thats how it goes" He was told sorry for the problem when we get the spring we will next day air it to you if you would still like it.

So after waiting for a promised part he had to call you to find out why it wasn't coming. Then he got upset because 1) you didn't have the part, 2) you did not follow-up and let him know (piss poor customer service) and 3) you have a charge pending on his account.

So what was the final resolution. Was the order filled or cancelled? And why are you answering instead of the owner of the business?

• xrkmel

Posted August 13, 2003 - 06:48 PM

Being a shop manager myself I can understand customers getting upset when a part does not arrive when expected. That blows a whole weekend or even a trip. As a sales rep people are trained to be courteous and knowledgeable about the products they offer. Every shop or vendor I have ever ordered from has delayed a shippment or has not followed up
on backorders. What I am trying to say shops do make mistakes and normally can make up for it. What I don't like is when I am handling a complaint and the customer starts getting loud a swearing at me when I trying to apologise or offer anything to help him or her. And when people have a bad experience with an order and immidiatley want to post A message on a Very Popular web board is wrong. Then you get people replying negative remarks, I do buy parts from XR'S Only and they have treated me and my sales department very good and have great PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS for our race bikes and Quads.I would just like to state that shops do make mistakes and as a Manager it is sometomes impossible to make up for a mistake to some people and it is hard to cooperate with when they yell and swear at you over a Motorcycle part. I could go on about disgrunled customers but I have a life... So to all you people who have had a bad experience with any company, try talking through it instead of giving up or bad mouthing something when maybe the person posting is not stating evrything TRUE... RIDE ON

Hint 1: If you tear a shock apart make sure you have the parts you need in your hand. :)

• Rusty_2

Posted August 13, 2003 - 08:05 PM

I'll tell ya someone you should never yell and swear at, the kid that handed you the wrong order or left something out of your order at the drive-thru window!...Especially if you still plan on eating it after they "make it right". :)

• secretatlas

Posted August 14, 2003 - 06:56 AM

And when people have a bad experience with an order and immidiatley want to post A message on a Very Popular web board is wrong. Then you get people replying negative remarks...

welcome to the new marketplace. get used to it.
messageboards empower consumers. we are no longer a passive audience to a product's broadcasted message.

you are intruding on our space, so don't make value judgements on the way inwhich we voice our opinion on the goods and services we recieve.

• CYBORG

Posted August 14, 2003 - 07:31 AM

An open letter to XR's only:

Dear Sirs:
We as your customers realize that mistakes will be made from time to time, but that is when return customers can be made or lost.

We have all dealt with companies that send us the wrong product, tell us the widget we need for this weekends race is back-ordered or had parts fail. When these companies call or e-mail us with solutions to these problems in a timely manner it has a calming effect and shows us that they care about our situation.

Here-in lies YOUR problem:
So many of your customers have been aliented that they felt the need to "flame" your busines on a popular and respected discussion board, with tens of thousands of registered members around the world and countless un-registered viewers.

Your reply that "We do make mistakes who doesnt. But we do fix them and we fix them right." is invalid. Something is wrong with your customer service. According to the posters on this board you are not fixing your problems, or at least not enough of your problems. If you were, we would be singing your praises and not scorching you.

My own BRP was powered up by Al Baker's XR's only and my hope is that I can return to your shop once it has proven itself again.

Thank you,
Bob

• xrsonly

Posted August 14, 2003 - 08:30 AM

What is wrong with that. Everyone makes mistakes what makes others better is how they take care of there mistakes. We make sure that when we do make a mistake that it is taken care of and the customer is happy. Every shop is going to make mistakes its all in how they take care of the mistake.

• revroy

Posted August 14, 2003 - 08:44 AM

I find the problems some people are having with XR's ONLY is unusual. I have used them for many things - parts, service, etc., for several years now and have yet to have a problem of any kind with them. I understand your frustrations with these problems, but, I don't think it's really the "norm" in the way they do business. I've been happy with them.

• xrdezracer909

Posted August 14, 2003 - 08:44 AM

Whats up with this guy. Does he piss hear to mark his space take a chill pill. Just looking around came up on this thread. You know I have gone to Xr's and I'm very happy with the customer service those guys have taken care of me for about 5 years now and never had one problem

• SBG

Posted August 14, 2003 - 08:58 AM

Like I said XR's, I never had trouble, and it sounds like you got rid of some bad people already. Just seems those bad people did a lot of damage already, and the bad effects on your business can and will be real if things aren't cleared up in a reasonable fashion. Perhaps a better customer service plan should be taken with empoyees hired just for that alone. Pay people to be nice on the phone, and that's their only job. Some guy working on an engine doesn't have time to mess with a call and try and get the job done. I don't know how it is at XR's anymore, but it seems like the bad stuff that happened might have already hurt you whether you are feeling it now, or later down the road. Too bad that one or two people can hurt a whole group over a bad phone call. I'm looking at this from both sides. Someone can have a bad day and try to ruin your companies rep, but I don't think one person could do that on a bulletin board unless others had similar stories of having issues with orders or work. It's when you see accumulative responses in the negative that you should turn things around, immediately. All it takes is some new XR owners to see this BB and send his work elsewhere. So whoever was at XR's Only telling the person on the phone that he didn't care cause they had too much business will be eating his words when he has no job because of the lack of work.
As of now it looks like me and one other person aren't complaining, which means a lot more people are unhappy with XR's Only. Maybe a new ad explaining new policies and upgraded customer service, because this can be very damaging. Good luck.

ALSO, you two guys who posted above me are obviously XR's ONLY EMPLOYEES! :D Gee, two new guys(one post each, must be lunch time there) that have no problems? :) Get back to working on XR's and be more curtious before you lose your jobs you darn sumbitches! :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.