2" Bar Riser/New cables?

2 replies to this topic
  • Cobalt650

Posted March 31, 2011 - 05:35 PM

Gents,
I'm strongly considering the 2" Rox Riser for my 2009 WR450F, stock bars. Think the stock cables will all work? I'm 6'5", so I really need to raise the handlebars somehow. I'm old too, so all the help is appreciated!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OUTERLIMITS

Posted April 01, 2011 - 02:54 PM

Gents,
I'm strongly considering the 2" Rox Riser for my 2009 WR450F, stock bars. Think the stock cables will all work? I'm 6'5", so I really need to raise the handlebars somehow. I'm old too, so all the help is appreciated!!!

I used the Tusk stackable risers. Not sure how much lift they gave me, but I am using them at full height with the tallest bars I could find (Pastrana FMX bend). The clutch and brake lines are fine. The only thing that was a bit tight was the throttle cable and I just changed up the routing a smidge up near the handlebar clamp area. I would not think that a 2" Rox with stock bars would be highter than my setup, but like me you will likely be as high as you can go without longer throttle cables if you need to go further. Not sure if you have gone with a taller seat or not, but you may want to do that as well. I'm only 6' and with the stock seat (which I like for paddling over rocks) it feels kinda funky when I sit so I try not to do that :cheers:.

• tribalbc

Posted April 01, 2011 - 04:00 PM

There will be plenty of length if you roll the bars forward which you will want to do anyways as the risers will put the bars more towards you. Much better feeling when standing up.
+1 on the tall seat as well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.