Best oil for my 2005 WR450F and Battery?

5 replies to this topic
  • markbec1

Posted March 31, 2011 - 09:52 AM

I just picked a very low hour WR450, it is converted to street legal, I plan on riding around with my 6 year old and a bit of trail riding, Just looking on the best oil to use, also I need a new battery should I go with the Yuasa or can I go with the cheaper Bikemaster?

• miweber929

Posted March 31, 2011 - 11:24 AM

Motorcycle specific oil and yes, the Bikemaster battery is fine for the money.

• William1

Posted March 31, 2011 - 12:13 PM

You get what you pay for with a battery.

For a little more than the price of a stocker, you can get a LiPo battery, TurnTech, Shorai make great products. Better battery, better shelf life, faster charging and much lighter weight.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woods-rider

Posted April 01, 2011 - 07:52 PM

x2 on the LiPo batteries

• MANIAC998

Posted April 02, 2011 - 06:28 AM

The best oil to use is easy! It's whatever motorcycle oil you use, as long as you change it often!!! As someone on here is fond of saying, "Oil is cheap, your engine isn't!". Maniac

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted April 02, 2011 - 08:18 AM

The best oil to use is easy! It's whatever motorcycle oil you use, as long as you change it often!!! As someone on here is fond of saying, "Oil is cheap, your engine isn't!". Maniac

Truer words could not be spoken. Buy it cheap, change it often. Get the Rotella stuff. Its cheap and works.

regarding the battery, you MUST get a lithium battery (turntech, shorai, etc...) It is far more powerful. It happens to be lighter too, but anyone riding a wr450 isn't really worried about an extra pound or two!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.