YZ400F choke question (1999)

3 replies to this topic
  • SledParty

Posted March 30, 2011 - 10:42 PM

This bike is new to me, just got it two days ago.

Here's the question I have. When I pull out the choke it doesn't stay out, I can feel it "catch" but it will snap back in on it's own. I dont think this is normal but I wanted to check....

If it's not normal is there a way to clean it or fix it? Also it sticks out quite a ways.. it almost appears that it could go in another 1/2 inch but it doesn't go in any further when I press it. Over all it pulls out maybe 1/2 inch to the "catch"

Edited by SledParty, March 30, 2011 - 11:23 PM.

• grayracer513

Posted March 31, 2011 - 06:22 AM

The only fix for that is to replace the choke assembly.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ450F4

Posted March 31, 2011 - 09:42 AM

i agree with gray. i had to replace the choke assembly on my yz450 and it cost around $20. works great now

• SledParty

Posted March 31, 2011 - 10:05 PM

Ya I took it off today and inspected it. The little plastic catches that grab the buldge on the plunger shaft are worn smooth and dont hold anymore. Ordered one today from the dealer... wish it was $20 bucks tho!!! $36 + tax

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.