wr426 rims

1 reply to this topic
  • dirtdawg21892

Posted March 29, 2011 - 08:12 PM

so i got a wr426 last weekend. it has a street title, but i need to install blinkers hi beams, and a few other things before i'm ready to pass a MA inspection.
i need tires. it came with some awesome knobbies, but they are not DOT. i am thinking i can get a second set of wheels, so that i can switch from street to dirt with no compromises. so what rims will fit? i am interested in supermoto wheels, but i know nothing about them. the front hub has the speedometer cable, what can i do about that? if i get supermoto wheels is there some way to make the speedometer work?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gsa102

Posted April 01, 2011 - 05:35 AM

As far as I know, the WR wheels are all compatible up to 2003. The only change after that was a different brake rotor, which you could easily switch to one that will fit your bike. You can use a YZ wheel but you need different spacers and seals to eliminate the speedo drive. I don't know about SM wheels.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.