Quick Suspension Question

3 replies to this topic
  • fastyz250

Posted March 29, 2011 - 04:17 PM

Okay so i have looked in the manual that i downloaded from the site and i can not find the stock clicker settings for the forks or the rear shock. Does anybody know the exact settings for a 2006 yz450f suspension i need a starting point. I dont really care about the shock preload i just need to know how many turns out for compression and rebound. Thanks

• Padgett

Posted March 29, 2011 - 04:45 PM

Here are mine, you can use them if you like. I use this set up for MX on my 06.

All clicker settings are referred to from the fully wound in (clockwise) position. So if its 10 clicks, that’s 10 clicks out (counter clockwise) from the fully wound in position.

Forks:
Compression, 10 clicks out
Rebound, 4 clicks out
Forks slide up in the clamps to 8mm (which is 3mm higher than the index line on the forks.

Shock:
Race Sag, 101.5 to 102mm
High Speed compression, 5/16th of a turn out (from all the way in) which is basically a hair more than a quarter turn out.
Compression, 8
Rebound, 4

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 29, 2011 - 07:02 PM

Okay so i have looked in the manual that i downloaded from the site and i can not find the stock clicker settings for the forks or the rear shock.

Fork settings are on page 3-34 and 35, and the shock settings begin on page 3-38.

• fastyz250

Posted March 30, 2011 - 03:49 AM

Thanks guys i just needed a starting point. and gray i was looking in the wrong section i thought that i saw somewhere that you posted that it was in section 2 so thats where i was looking:banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.