How do you wear your gear?

35 replies to this topic
  • Evmo

Posted March 26, 2011 - 07:10 PM

So I'm interested in peoples gear setups and in what order they put things on.

I just bought the Fox titan armor and was thinking of layering like this: wicking t-shirt, armor, jersey, roost guard.
Is the outside roost guard overkill? The armor offers pretty good chest protection but the zipper down the middle is unprotected. There's lots of small rocks in the area that can make for some super nasty roost.

• ekulb14

Posted March 26, 2011 - 07:32 PM

i just wear my hockey chest protector, jersey then neck brace.

• huskymad127

Posted March 26, 2011 - 09:04 PM

singlet chest protector then jersey.

• SS109

Posted March 26, 2011 - 10:11 PM

I wear a moisture wicking compression shirt and then my compression armor. No jersey and definitely no roost deflector (who does that?) on top. It is way too hot here for anything else IMO.

• d4yton

Posted March 26, 2011 - 10:14 PM

long sleeve under amour compression shirt, thor impact rig, jersey. below is compression shorts, knee/shin pads, and pants. ready to ride :thumbsup:

• brentn

Posted March 26, 2011 - 10:19 PM

You don't really need a roost guard with that armor, it's designed to deflect roost in which it's secondary purpose is to absorb small impacts.
You'll find that wearing a roost guard on top will just slow you down IMO.

I wear nothing under my thor armor, never had any chafing, rubbing or rash issues with the fabric, and trust me it's hot enough just by itself. I put a jersey on to protect the armor from clinging mud. I wear thor force knee braces in which they really irritate the skin behind my knee, so I put on thin cotton stretchable knee supports first.

• Snowman_1771

Posted March 27, 2011 - 08:30 AM

Under Armour shirt, EVS Revo lite roost deflector, No Fear jersey, and A-Stars Bionic SB Neck Brace.
Lower half is A-Stars socks, Easton Cup/Sliding shorts (serving double duty for riding and baseball:smirk:) EVS Glider Knee Pads, And my No Fear pants.

• fivepointnine

Posted March 27, 2011 - 08:52 AM

wow, I just wear some running tights under my shift pants, a shift jersey with nothing over or under it, never had a problem, but I dont ride anything but track either

• Evmo

Posted March 27, 2011 - 09:01 AM

Thanks for the feedback everyone. The Titan fits me very well, I tried on a bunch of different ones and it was the only one that didn't feel bulky and awkward. Still though it seems like it might chaffe in a few places so I'll have to experiment with an undershirt. As for the outside roost I've seen some guys run both at the same time around here, but it does seem like overkill to me. I'm going for a ride at the end of the week and I'll experiment wirth my setup then.

• Elsner203

Posted March 27, 2011 - 09:02 AM

Sleeveless cotton undershirt, chest protector, jersey

If it's cold, I put the chest protector on the outside. If it's warm, I put it on the inside.

If it's really cold, screw the chest protector. I put on a waterproof military BDU jacket.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jh4016

Posted March 27, 2011 - 10:13 AM

when its cold out long sleeve under armor, if not, tank top, the kidney belt, thor impact rig se, jersey or sweater, depends on the weather. I'm not big enough around the waist for the kidney belt on the armor to offer much support so i took it off and wear a separate one

• Tucraysz2

Posted March 28, 2011 - 06:27 AM

Does anyone wear a neckbrace while racing a harescramble?

• bullymadison

Posted March 28, 2011 - 08:35 AM

wait... The roost guard doesnt go over your jersey?

• 519MotoSports

Posted March 28, 2011 - 08:46 AM

Tee shirt with chest protector over it(if cold tee,jersey,chest protector)

TLD gp monaco pants, shift socks, and trusty tech 8's:thumbsup:

• Bonestock07

Posted March 28, 2011 - 08:56 AM

I wear a muscle shirt under my 661 pressure suit. Its too damn small in the arms to wear anything sleeved under it. If its chilly, I'll wear a jersey over it. Who do they make these things for, guys w/ 12yr old girl arms?

• 6 Riders

Posted March 28, 2011 - 08:58 AM

I know a lot of people that wear their RG's under the jersey, mine is made to do that, but if you buy your jersey big enough then you also can do the same. My kids all wear their RG's on the outside of their jerseys, just preference

• Snowman_1771

Posted March 28, 2011 - 04:36 PM

Generally, A roost guard (The foam ones) goes under the jersey and a chest protector (The hard plastic ones) goes over the jersey.

• Tha Breeze

Posted March 28, 2011 - 05:28 PM

Ankle socks, tights like runners wear in the cold, knee braces, pants, boots, leatt straps under jersey, jersey, neck brace, helmet, goggles, gloves. :thumbsup:

• chris856

Posted March 28, 2011 - 07:25 PM

only where my jersey, i cant stand all that extra stuff hungging my body while i ride

• Sierra_rider

Posted March 28, 2011 - 07:37 PM

T-shirt(jersey chafes the nips,)then jersey, then chest protector. If its cold out I'll wear a sweat shirt underneath the jersey. For the bottom end: undies, socks, knee guards underneath my riding pants finished up by my boots. If it is cold or wet weather, I'll wear my over-the-boot enduro pants.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.