Shorty Gas Tank Vent Valve 2010 450 Issue?

7 replies to this topic
  • Troutman

Posted March 26, 2011 - 09:53 AM

I purchased a short gas hose and tank vent valve from my local shop, mod quad brand, and put it on my 2010 450. After a few quick laps gas was coming out from the bottom of the hose where it ties into the tank cap. I thought that it could be a bad vent valve but I gave it to my brother and he tried it on his 2010 KXF250 and it works fine, in fact he kept it. Has anyone had this issue with an aftermarket vent valve on the 2010 450? I thought that there might be additional pressure in the tank because it is Fuel Injected and could be contributing to this problem but I am not sure. Has anyone had success with a certain brand of vent valves that may be better than the one I bought? I would like to have one because I don’t like the long hose and the mess it leaves on the back of the front fender. Thanks..

Edited by Troutman, March 26, 2011 - 10:35 AM.

• fraser

Posted March 28, 2011 - 04:05 AM

Mine came of my 250f and has been just fine. Sounds like yours just didn't fit thaty well?

• cablemonkey334

Posted March 28, 2011 - 05:39 AM

i had the same thing happen to me on my 2010 so i switch back to stock

• Troutman

Posted March 28, 2011 - 03:13 PM

Mine came of my 250f and has been just fine. Sounds like yours just didn't fit thaty well?

What brand is working for you?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motojase316

Posted March 28, 2011 - 09:11 PM

I found the hose supplied with some aftermarket short vents was a lot harder than the stock hose and didn't provide as equal sealing capability as the softer stock hose.
I cut the equal length off my stock hose and pushed the breather into that and threw away the hose supplied with the breather kit.
Had no problems on my 2010 YZ450F.

Posted Image

• Troutman

Posted March 29, 2011 - 07:03 PM

I found the hose supplied with some aftermarket short vents was a lot harder than the stock hose and didn't provide as equal sealing capability as the softer stock hose.
I cut the equal length off my stock hose and pushed the breather into that and threw away the hose supplied with the breather kit.
Had no problems on my 2010 YZ450F.

Posted Image

Funny that you suggested that because I thought the same thing and cut about 3 inches from the stock hose and tried it that way. Needless to say it did the same thing leaking all over. So it seems to me that the problem is in my brand of valve. What brand valve are you running? I can't quite make it out from your pic. Thanks.

• motojase316

Posted March 30, 2011 - 04:30 AM

RHK is the breather on mine.

• Troutman

Posted March 30, 2011 - 06:17 PM

Thanks I will give it a try.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.