Yz450f swingarm removal

5 replies to this topic
  • yz450fcranker

Posted March 26, 2011 - 07:12 AM

How do i get the swingarm off the bike its a 2009 yz450f i looked at the manuals but it just shows when the swingarm is off the bike not removal i have taken off the rear tire brake etc but now i still have the rear shock on and the swingarm not knowing where to start removing bolts help please

• Smokeslider

Posted March 26, 2011 - 11:00 AM

remove subframe... 4 bolts I think, plus loosen airboot/carb connection
remove shock....... top is easy, then remove bolt below where it connects to linkage.
Remove swingarm nut and push swiingarm bolt out with an appropriate tool. I prefer to tap on it with a brass drift and a rubber mallet, anything beyond this and you run the rick of ruining the swingarm bolt.

I think this is the jist of it, pretty easy really.

• ttr250dude

Posted March 26, 2011 - 01:24 PM

Removing the shock isnt neccesary. Remove the bolt that holds the linkage to the swingarm. Thats how i did it.

Edited by ttr250dude, March 26, 2011 - 02:42 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dgcars

Posted March 26, 2011 - 02:41 PM

Removing the shock isnt neccesary. Remove the linkage that holds the linkage to the swingarm. Thats how i did it.

Yep...what he says

• grayracer513

Posted March 26, 2011 - 02:51 PM

Removing the shock isnt neccesary. Remove the bolt that holds the linkage to the swingarm. Thats how i did it.

One way or other, you have to either take the lower shock bolt out, or disconnect the linkage from the frame to get the swing arm past the shock. The linkage needs greasing, anyway.

• yz450fcranker

Posted March 26, 2011 - 04:01 PM

yes thanks to all now i only need a 19mm socket and- remove the lower shock bolt from linkage thats what i saw it needs ill be surprised if its easier in daylight thanks all

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.