Lowering rear brake pedal

2 replies to this topic
  • ChillyKTM

Posted March 26, 2011 - 03:26 AM

I will be attempting to lower my brake lever on my 2011 yz450 to suit my liking.........
Question is :
Do or will i need a different spring that keeps the tension/recoil for the lever ? I dont want to have too much static tension on current so that a snap is possible !!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted March 26, 2011 - 04:32 AM

No, the stock spring is fine. Do not over analyze it. Adjust the pedal height to where you want it then adjust the master cylinder linkage to ensure play.

• sprint4425

Posted March 28, 2011 - 07:40 PM

No, the stock spring is fine. Do not over analyze it. Adjust the pedal height to where you want it then adjust the master cylinder linkage to ensure play.

i agree 100%, if you HAVE to do some sort of redesigning or moving of parts, redesign the front portion of the lever only so that the rest of the lever system reuses all exhisting parts, including spring.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.