Is it possible to completely remove the dead spot at the bottom?

3 replies to this topic
  • Elevator_Eddie

Posted April 13, 2001 - 08:39 AM

Or is it there to stay?
My bike runs good except when I snap the throttle open real quick the bike will stall.
Does anyone have any sugestions?
Thanks
99 WR400, airbox lid removed, throttle stop trimmed, WB Pro Meg & tapered head pipe w/9 disks, YZ timing, DVP needle #4 clip, 178 main jet, 50 pilot jet, pilot screw 1 3/4 turns out.

p.s. I tried a search but most of the old post "could not be found."

• John_in_Long_Beach

Posted April 13, 2001 - 09:49 PM

I think the 50 pilot jet is too rich, back off this to a 48 and then make adjustments to pilot screw.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted April 13, 2001 - 11:09 AM

look for my article snap & 3/4 throttle response. in it i fit a Pilot Air Jet Screw, this has worked a treat.

Taffy

• trikmik

Posted April 13, 2001 - 12:19 PM

What about the acc. pump? Does anyone know what the ideal setting is if you have the adjustable carb. Thanks for all the great jetting input. Mickey

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.