KTM 200 MXC swing arm bolt question

2 replies to this topic
  • skypig2488

Posted March 25, 2011 - 05:41 PM

Hi guys. I bought a 1998 KTM 200 that has a few issues. I discovered that the swingarm bolt was broken off and the guy was using a socket as a spacer. I don't know how I missed it but I did. I just bought a bolt out kit to try to remove it but I haven't tried it yet. There is about a half inch of the headless bolt sticking out. I already ordered the new bolt and nut and am hoping to get it out with out damaging the swingarm threads. Does anyone have any tricks to get the bolt out. I put some penetrating oil on it. If I get out never seize is in its future.

• alex211

Posted March 25, 2011 - 06:41 PM

You need a big sledge hammer or an air hammer to get them out usually. A little heat on the engine case wouldn't hurt either.

• Booger2

Posted March 25, 2011 - 09:03 PM

Air hammer.

Booger2

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.