Petcock Leaking After Re & Re

4 replies to this topic
  • RyJames

Posted March 24, 2011 - 05:48 PM

Just reinstalled my petcock tonight after doing a pre-season tank flush along with an oil change and carb cleanup. I've never had any problems with the petccock until I reinstalled it and added a little fresh fuel to check for leaks. It's dripping out pretty good. I was wondering if anyone uses RTV or anything like that as backup when installing their petcock. Thanks.

• grayracer513

Posted March 24, 2011 - 06:50 PM

If it's leaking between the gasket and tank, you need a new gasket (seal).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RyJames

Posted March 25, 2011 - 06:34 PM

Got the new gasket at the local bike shop. Luckily he just happened to have a couple laying around. I paid over $4 for this little gasket... But it fixed my problem!

• grayracer513

Posted March 25, 2011 - 08:11 PM

Luckily he just happened to have a couple laying around.

He had it because it fits every YZ and WR made for the last 12 years except the EFI bikes.

• RyJames

Posted March 26, 2011 - 06:08 PM

He had it because it fits every YZ and WR made for the last 12 years except the EFI bikes.

Yea, well he's not a Yamaha dealer or anything. Just a good independant shop that services all makes and models. I think he might've said this gasket also fits some Kawi models.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.