2011 yz450f bogs in the midrange

7 replies to this topic
  • hughbdman

Posted March 23, 2011 - 05:19 PM

I know this has sort of been covered but I still haven't seen any answers.
My 11 Yz has done aprox 60hrs of cross country, trail riding/racing and has developed a flat spot in the mid range.
Starts fine but as you ride it with some load on, it is fine off the bottom then it bogs till the revs get up then takes off... not ideal.
I have put in a woods setting with the tuner which did work great till a couple weeks ago but now I can't work out want needs doing.
Have fully tested everything from pump pressure to TPS.
Any ideas... blocked/restricted injector maybe???????

• brentn

Posted March 23, 2011 - 06:27 PM

A couple people now have been having bogging issues now... Have you checked the TPS for flat spots throughout the full range? Hold it at mid throttle, and other points, mark your throttle tube if you have to and see if the resistance readings are stable and do not jump or drop suddenly. The resistance should transition evenly throughout the throttle range with no crazy jumps inbetween.

IMO, I would think that if you have a flat spot, or a spike in voltage the map cannot be read properly by the ecu. Either giving too much or too little fuel for that particular throttle opening... Just a guess.

• powers450f

Posted March 23, 2011 - 07:27 PM

How do you check the TPS?

• hughbdman

Posted March 24, 2011 - 01:14 PM

Think I might of solved it.
Reloaded the stock map(all zeros) rode it, then reloaded the woods maps and seems to have worked.
Maybe like a computer sometimes you need to reboot

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • moto278

Posted March 27, 2011 - 01:22 PM

have u rode ur bike again? im havin a similar problem and cant figure out. real close to sellin the bike for another just cause its that scary :thumbsup:

• dodgydan

Posted April 26, 2011 - 10:36 AM

Hi, did this get fixed in the end guys?

• cattledog924

Posted March 26, 2014 - 04:25 AM

A lot of threads in here about the "bog", but very little answers.

• Matthew Neale

Posted April 28, 2016 - 02:22 PM

Someone help me please!!!!
My yz450f 2011 has a mid range bogging issue. I brought the bike and ran it without going over it but it ran real nice no problems. When I got it home I jet washed it and without knowing managed to put water into my rocker cover through a missing bolt. Started it and hydro locked it twisting my exhaust camshaft and stretching my cam chain also doing my piston rings. I replaced all of the above but since the bike don't run the same with a mid range bogging. I've had a new tps fitted and set correctly by a yamaha dealer coz a separate shop couldn't get a reading from it and I've test the fuel pump all seems OK with flow and presure. I've cleaned and tested the injector and that spraying....

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.