Hot cams install

5 replies to this topic
  • sledtrash

Posted March 23, 2011 - 11:43 AM

So I took my engine apart and put it back together and I noticed that I have hot cams... I timed the cams fo,lowing stock protocol but I'm scared of having problems. I haven't ran the bike yet and I'm wondering if the timing procedure is any different? I spun the engine around (very slowly and carefully) and haven't felt any catches but I'm wanting to make sure I'll have to take the valve cover off to find out what stage they are.

Any knowledge on this? 06 yz450f

• d4yton

Posted March 23, 2011 - 11:48 AM

That might help? It would follow the same as stock, or else it would be stated

• KJ790

Posted March 23, 2011 - 11:49 AM

Timing them is the same as timing stock cams. If you did it correct for stock cams then you are fine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sledtrash

Posted March 23, 2011 - 03:44 PM

Timing them is the same as timing stock cams. If you did it correct for stock cams then you are fine.

Awesome well that makes me feel better. although my front hotcam the dots on the wheel were really really tiny... so I'm going to check again. also with a WR fly wheel it has the three marks two have a line between them and the other one is just to the side by itself do I time to the one by itself or one of the others.

Posted Image

its kinda hard to see but at the bottom of the flywheel is where those marks are.

• KJ790

Posted March 23, 2011 - 04:16 PM

Timethe cams using the line that is by itself. The lines that are connected are for timing the ignition with a timing light (which you shouldn't have to mess with at all).

• sledtrash

Posted March 23, 2011 - 05:14 PM

ok perfect thats what I did. Thanks a bunch!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.