2005 graphics

6 replies to this topic
  • The Hopper Show

Posted March 22, 2011 - 11:43 AM

i am having a hell of a time with this. so all i have found is factory fx, fuel designs, and those ebay kits. i like the evo 7 graphics, but cannot for the life of me find any pictures with them mounted up on a wr of my style. i want to put a yz rear fender, and either a '07-'11 wr front or '10-'11 yz front. i am assuming i can order graphics kits for the '03-'05 yz450 if i find some and they will fit? are the side panels the same too? so if i get an entire bike kit for a yz, i would want to know the side panels and such are the same or am i going to have to mismatch stuff?

i really dig the look of the side panel backgrounds on this bike. anyone know who makes them?

Posted Image
Posted Image

next i would like to clean up the look of the fork guards regarding the odo cable. can i get 2006 wr fork guards to be able to rerout the odo cable inside the fork like the '06 does with the digital speedo it has?

this

Posted Image

vs. this

Posted Image

and the wheels and hubs on this bike. how do i achieve this look and what does it cost assuming i can get them coated? and who makes these backgrounds?

Posted Image

sorry for the newbness. my interweb google skills elude me. first yami and i am learning.

• pdunlop

Posted March 22, 2011 - 01:21 PM

Here's a couple of shots of my 2004 that I built up last year with the EVO7 graphics kit. It didn't have any graphics for the sidecovers, but did have them for the airbox.

This bike has the later style WR front guard and headlight, and a YZ style rear guard (UFO brand) with an inbuilt taillight and numberplate extension.

I have since changed over to late model YZ forks and done away with the speedo cable by installing a Trailtech Vapor Stealth computer.

I can't help you with the supplier of the wheels or side cover graphics, but I agree that they do look good!

Posted Image

Posted Image

• The Hopper Show

Posted March 22, 2011 - 07:32 PM

your evo 7 kit came with air box graphics? on the website it lists it comes with tank and shroud graphics only.

edit: just double checked. i read it wrong. does come with airbox stickies.

http://factoryeffex....-06_p_1206.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pdunlop

Posted March 22, 2011 - 08:37 PM

Whoops - I just checked my old order details and my graphics kit was actually an EVO6, not an EVO7.

Sorry for any confusion!

• The Hopper Show

Posted March 23, 2011 - 01:25 PM

i thought they looked different. thought maybe it was just because it was an older wr and not the newer yz shown on the website.

• The Hopper Show

Posted March 24, 2011 - 03:57 PM

no one else? :thumbsup:

• miweber929

Posted March 25, 2011 - 03:41 AM

If you want a complete mix and match kit with number plate backgrounds call one of the graphics places in the cycle magazines like ridepg.com or some other place and talk to them about a custom kit.

That is the only way I can see you getting what you want.

I bought graphics for my old '00 CR250 and XR650L off eBay from a place called West Coast Graphics that were pretty good. Don't know if they have any WR stuff.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.