KX250F Front Forks leaking, how to?

5 replies to this topic
  • Garage

Posted March 21, 2011 - 05:22 PM

I have a 07 KX 250F and the front forks are leaking. The guy I bought it from didn't seem to have any dust rings? I cleaned the dirt out from the seal with a "seal mate" plastic thing. This helped with the dirt, but it is obvious that the oil rings need to be replaced, along with the oil probably being way low! Can some one send me a video or give me a write up on how to take them apart and put new oil and new oil seals in? I went to cycle gear today and picked up the fork kit and oil for my forks, and they said to look on youtube for a video, but I haven't found one. Any help would be great!

• DMauro

Posted March 21, 2011 - 05:29 PM

There are how too here do a search. Plus you will need some tools a deep socket for the bottom and the fork cap wrench,seal driver.

• Garage

Posted March 21, 2011 - 07:24 PM

Thanks, Ill work on it tomorrow.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hotnanas

Posted March 21, 2011 - 09:49 PM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=863509

• D-K

Posted March 21, 2011 - 10:11 PM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=863509

:thumbsup:

• dmm698

Posted March 22, 2011 - 03:51 PM

therse also videos on youtube from rocky mountain ATV if your looking for a video show.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

What is the best size big bore for 250f ?.. by Johnnywadd739

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   KX250F
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

'15 YZ250f vs. '15 KX250f by Bryan.711

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 18 replies
Forums
Photo
Ohio

Trying to start my 2007 kx 250f by Motocross325

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Midwest
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

11 kx250f reboud problem by jonathan21

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Kx 250f vs yz 250 vs yz125 by kxrider1001

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.