Clutch Life (with Rekluse)

5 replies to this topic
  • fosbibr

Posted March 21, 2011 - 01:28 PM

Hey,

Just curious - for those of you with a Rekluse installed - how long is your clutch lasting?

I know this depends on quite a bit of different factors, but just trying to get a feel.

Thanks

B

• Chas_M

Posted March 21, 2011 - 04:52 PM

I just sold my Revloc equipped '04 KTM 540 EXC still with the original clutch plates at 14,000+ miles (640 hrs). All the plates were still perfectly flat and still looked perfect. The metal plates were like new and all but two of the fiber plates still measured out at 1.95+ mm. I replaced two of the fiber plates that were almost down to the 1.90 mm minimum thickness.

• Gunner354

Posted March 21, 2011 - 08:21 PM

09 with over 400 hours and original clutch. This is with the Rekluse Pro

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Darrenj1

Posted March 22, 2011 - 02:11 PM

08 yz450f with 120hrs (:ride:z-start pro), mostly desret hare scrambles in Az. 0 problems so far.

• mike_dean

Posted March 22, 2011 - 02:16 PM

I have the EXP Core and the rep said it can actually extend the life of your clutch, I'll find out I have about 35 hrs on it now with no problems.

• sierra77

Posted March 22, 2011 - 06:28 PM

I have a 04' yz450 w/ the original z-start. I installed it w/ a GYTR clutch pack
around 4-5 years ago. I've adjusted it about 4 times since new w/ the .055 rekluse
plates. I ride really technical single track & it finally had enough the other weekend
when we got stuck in slow uphill snow covered crap........Awesome clutch.....They take
LOADS of abuse. I asked a guy @ Rekluse the other day how many times adjusting the
clutch stack before replacing the frictions & he had no clue....You have to measure the frictions & keep 'em in spec. A little more maintenance than stock, but I know you couldn't do the trails I do w/ out the rekluse on a MX bike. Hope this helps.......

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.