Hack a LeoVince?

6 replies to this topic
  • blueberg17

Posted March 20, 2011 - 01:44 PM

Picked up a free LeoVincex3(+ extra baffles) from a buddy that was going to throw it away:banana:

Its for a trx450 quad, and I have a yz450 bike... so oblviously it won't fit...

but i was thinking of using the end cap and riveting it to the stock can. Or is it worth more to just sell it and buy a Lexx end cap?

• ttr250dude

Posted March 20, 2011 - 01:53 PM

It kinda depends what condition the muffler is in. I got my Lexx endcap on ebay for $94 shipped to my door. If i were you, i would just sell the Leo Vince and get the Lexx endcap. Chances are that the Leo Vince endcap wont fit your current muffler body. Fit and finish of my Lexx endcap is really top notch.

• blueberg17

Posted March 20, 2011 - 04:17 PM

The measurements are close... but you're probably right.

anyone have guess what it's worth used?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ttr250dude

Posted March 20, 2011 - 06:34 PM

The measurements are close... but you're probably right.

anyone have guess what it's worth used?

How much was it brand new? I'd guess it'd be worth about half of what it was worth when new, that is if it's still in perfect condition.

• FiremanKay

Posted March 20, 2011 - 08:55 PM

It kinda depends what condition the muffler is in. I got my Lexx endcap on ebay for $94 shipped to my door. If i were you, i would just sell the Leo Vince and get the Lexx endcap. Chances are that the Leo Vince endcap wont fit your current muffler body. Fit and finish of my Lexx endcap is really top notch.

Sounds like the more logical thing to me as well. Sorta like the right tool for the job argument. You dont want ruin the Leo and not be able to use it or sell it. Sell it and get something along the lines of the Lexx cap. Although there I have yet to see a very detained review of it here, many seem to be pleased. Sell it :thumbsup:

• ttr250dude

Posted March 20, 2011 - 09:09 PM

Short Lexx review. I got the Lexx endcap for my '08. With the 08 and 09 endcap, it removes one of the baffles and really lets the engine breath better. They come with 2 outlet sizes, a removeable spark arrestor, and a removeable silencer. Fit and finish is excellent.

• blueberg17

Posted March 21, 2011 - 07:58 AM

I will go with a Lexx for what its worth. I'll just sell that LV for $80 bucks and call it even.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.