WR450 Tall Seat Foam

3 replies to this topic
  • ETP

Posted August 06, 2003 - 04:00 AM

Looks like Guts Racing is still the only company so far that makes tall seat foam for the WR's. Does anyone know of a tall "complete" seat assembly for the WR450 without having to do the YZ mod? Any recommendations or advice would be great.

• basicblues

Posted August 06, 2003 - 04:45 PM

I've talked with SDG and they claim they are tooling up to make a seat for the WR450 but it will be 90 days or more. Others have posted in this forum that SDG wasn't going to make the seat at all. Doing the YZ mod just to get the taller seat doesn't seem worth it to me. I went with Guts tall foam with a Guts cover. It's not the quick bolt unit that SDG offers on other bikes, but I didn't want to wait on something that may not ever be manufactured. Good Luck!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lipskid

Posted August 06, 2003 - 05:10 PM

I just put tall foam on my WR450 last week. I think it was from Ceet, I hate it. It's way to soft. Hopefully Guts will come through with something firmer. In the mean time, I think I'll try to build up the stock foam.

• ETP

Posted August 09, 2003 - 11:53 AM

I just ordered the Guts tall soft foam and Gripper cover directly from Guts. Will post my thoughts on it after I install it and go for a ride :) :D.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.