XR650 Servicing

3 replies to this topic

Posted August 05, 2003 - 09:10 PM

I am currently looking for a XR650 to supermoto for road use. Can anyone help me with regards to specified service intervals (oil / filter etc) and intervals on valve clearances? Also can anyone tell me if the valve clearances are adjusted by shims or just normal nut and bolt type. I currently have a KTM450 which maintenance wise is very labour intensive but thats OK as I only use it for enduro's etc, but I want something which will be a little less hassle for a road going (odd track day) supermoto. Any help would be appreciated.

• needsprayer

Posted August 06, 2003 - 03:42 AM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motart

Posted August 06, 2003 - 04:28 AM

Wheeliecrazy, I try to change my oil every 500mi. w/ filter, valve clearances are screw type. The visordown supermoto forum has lots of good suggestions as well as the xr650 yahoo group-good luck

• Baja Rudy

Posted August 11, 2003 - 11:35 AM

the honda manual calls out a 600 mile intervel between valve adjustments...you can go 1000 and be fine but that is what the manual calls for. the oil, is up to you since it depends on the riding conditions (dirt, operating temperatures and your mood :))

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.