Wanted, WR 400F stock exhaust system.

12 replies to this topic
  • Ol'89r

Posted April 13, 2001 - 07:07 AM

Looking for a stock exhaust system for a '99WR400F.

• Bill

Posted April 13, 2001 - 09:38 PM

I have a stock complete system from a 99WR. It has about an hour or two on it, baffle never removed.

I would like to trade the silencer for a YZ unit or sell the complete sytem, to buy a quieter system for my WR. I'm running a White Bros E-Series currently.

Bill

------------------
97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

• Greg_C

Posted April 13, 2001 - 09:55 PM

Bill, I don't think a YZ tail pipe will be any quieter than your WB with a few less disks in it.

• Bill

Posted April 13, 2001 - 10:32 AM

Greg,

I'm not sure about that and would like to see. I tried removing some discs and the power went away, but it wasn't much quieter.

So maybe I can run the YZ pipe and have some power and a little less noise. :)

• bobwombat

Posted April 13, 2001 - 11:00 AM

bill: i run a '00 YZ426 header & pipe on my '00WR & love it. it makes great power & i've always wondered why more guys don't go this route rather than spend $300 - $500 on aftermarket; especially when there are so many available YZ pipes from moto boys who upgrade. the only problem? it's LOUD!! bobwombat

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted April 13, 2001 - 11:14 AM

check out this thread on DRN - KTM silencer grafted onto a WR. Sounds interesting
http://dirtrider.net...TML/001936.html

Brian

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ol'89r

Posted April 14, 2001 - 06:29 AM

Bill. Interested in the whole pipe. Don't have a system to trade. How much are you asking for the whole system?

• MN_Kevin

Posted April 14, 2001 - 07:55 AM

I too have a complete system if Bill hangs on to his...

------------------
'99 WZ with all YZ mods, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat.

• Bill

Posted April 14, 2001 - 08:58 AM

$150 from the head to tailpipe, plus shipping. I'm on the east coast, so is Kevin.

Bill

------------------
97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

• Ol'89r

Posted April 16, 2001 - 05:36 AM

The pipe is for a riding buddy of mine. He says he would pay $100.00 plus shipping.
Any takers?

• trikmik

Posted April 16, 2001 - 11:54 AM

Ol 89er. You can have my complete exhaust system for $100.00 plus shipping. It has about 100 miles on it and is like new. Let me know. Mick

------------------
2000 Wr, YZ Timed,James Dean carb settings:),fastline cr routing brakeline, YZ exhaust, YZ seat, IMS tank and much more.

• BigDog

Posted April 16, 2001 - 02:18 PM

How much would he pay for a complete system off a 2001 WR?

• Ol'89r

Posted April 18, 2001 - 04:25 PM

Trikmik. I will let him know and have him contact you.
Thanks.

Ol'89r

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.