Acerbis Skid Plate

4 replies to this topic
  • seabass152

Posted March 18, 2011 - 02:17 PM

Those who have some miles on them, how are they holding up? Also, do they provide decent side protection for the motor or is the plastic too flimsy?
Want to try something besides aluminum and didn't really care for the look of the Hyde piece.

• Baja trail Rider

Posted March 19, 2011 - 09:49 PM

Worthless is the only answer for the Acerbis skid plate.For dirt bike riding.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • seabass152

Posted March 20, 2011 - 01:23 AM

So did you use one and it didn't work out for you? Why?

• JDLowrance

Posted March 21, 2011 - 04:43 AM

I've got one and I like it much better than aluminum. Not as good as the KTM unit with it's 1/4 turn fasteners but good none the less. Taken some big hits due to the lowish nature of the frame and received no damage.

John

• Baja trail Rider

Posted March 21, 2011 - 06:57 AM

Yes I had them on two bikes,one broke damaged frame.Other case damage,right where skid plate should protect it.All the other riders,told me dont use those.They where given to me free,now I know why.If you ride where there are rocks,I would pass.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.