Carbon fiber for 03 Wr450f?

3 replies to this topic
  • ill_caper

Posted August 05, 2003 - 03:17 PM

Has anyone put carbon fiber skid plates/frame guards and fork/disc covers on the 03 wr450f? If so what type and where did you get them...Ive been looking all over for them and cant seem to find them. Thanks, Denis :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 05, 2003 - 03:20 PM

I recommend the aluminum ones. I have not seen the carbon fiber units last. They crack and do not bend and then it is over. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SMD

Posted August 05, 2003 - 04:14 PM

Highly recomend E-LINE. Kevin Hines is great to deal with and his carbon goodies are top notch.He usually answers the phone when you call.
I have used carbon chain guides on my last three bikes with no issues. Takes a hit and bounces right back without bending or derailing the chain.I have used alumi skid plates up until the 450. I was tired of the weight and jagged dents and dings. So far the carbon job is taking the rocks and looks very trick. I also added the header guard to cover up that soft Ti.Anyway to each his own. But if you want carbon call E-LINE. :)

• foursmoke

Posted August 05, 2003 - 05:22 PM

I have to agree with SMD about them being top notch. I have the skid plate I installed b-4 the first ride and its been bashed by some pretty large rocks and it still looks great ( not dents/no dings :D) It also offers protection coverage thats tough to beat :thumbsup:usa:thumbsup:. I enjoyed dealing with them and plan on purchasing their header guard also :). Hope this helps Denis!

Smoke :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.