9 replies to this topic
  • WR400inOZ

Posted April 17, 2001 - 03:51 AM

I saw this currently at EBAY. do a search on YZ426 and it wil come up. Interesting as to why only the motor etc is missing..?
Some good parts there though.

Curt in Oz.

P.S Im still looking for Newish YZ400/426 Mufflers for my 2000 WR400.. no spark arrestor things though.. I can organise freight.. willing to pay US$100ish
email me if you know of one... doozy@net2000.com.au

• Tom_N

Posted April 17, 2001 - 04:58 AM

I have found that many yamaha blaster riders or other quad riders are buying the bike for the motor only. They want the thumper power and are modifying their machines with the YZ power plant.

Probably very fun to ride but mighty expensive if you have to buy two machines to get one.. I have heard there are a lot of used rolling chasis out there too for used parts due to people buying them up for the motors and then salvaging the rest.

Geeze you would think this sort of thing would help lower the prices on used parts... one could hope.. I have a 98 400 and would love some rims off an 01 if they were cheap enough (grin)

• Mxer303

Posted April 17, 2001 - 06:32 AM

How could a 426 motor be more fun in a four wheeler than in the bike? Someone must have lots of money laying around.

• Tom_N

Posted April 17, 2001 - 12:48 PM

no doubt, I don't think I have ever had more fun on four wheels than I do on two... and the $$$ well I would have to have lots of $$ before I could do something like that...

I guess that the 426 power plant would be more interesting than any two smoker regardless of the # of wheels.. :)

• Tim

Posted April 17, 2001 - 01:05 PM

It is quite possible those carcases from a YZ426 could have been the left overs from one of those high performance go cart drivers. They will go through much trouble for a light weight powerful engine. I agree about the four wheeler idea. This past weekend, I saw a Yahmaha R1 engine on a custom 4 wheeler chassis. Also seen a Polaris Scrambler on No2. Way too fast for it's own good. If I may sound cocky for a second, I always say that four wheelers are for people who don't have the skill to ride a bike.... :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted April 17, 2001 - 04:00 PM

The quad guys are a different breed. I saw one last year with a 600CBR motor wedged into the frame.

That thing was scary fast, but the guy only rode it back and forth on the road.

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

• WR400inOZ

Posted April 17, 2001 - 06:54 PM

Yeah but why not just buy a motor from Yamaha? Maybe thats not possible.... I suppose if he sold the rest of the bike he could probably make up the money.. But I reckon he would get more for it if he seperated the thing.. God only knows how much the genuine Yammy forks alone are worth to buy from Yamaha!

• MrMXer

Posted April 18, 2001 - 10:59 AM

I believe current ATV National Champ Tim Farr is running a 426F engine in his quad. I rode with him in Feb and he was running one at pratice. He was smokin on it.. and the machine looked and sounded sweet.

• cowboyona426

Posted May 08, 2001 - 03:59 PM

I have a stock 2000 YZ 426F pipe I might be willing to part with for the right price. It was only used 1 time, I had to put an FMF spark arrestor on my YZF since I ride off road and don't race. Let me know if you are still interested. My email address it nacnac@n2motorcycles.com

Power valves and reeds may break my bones, but valves and cams excite me!

• Andrew_in_OZ

Posted May 09, 2001 - 06:13 AM

Originally posted by WR400inOZ:
God only knows how much the genuine Yammy forks alone are worth to buy from Yamaha!

$1,500 aus each for "98" wr400

"00"WR400,YZ timing, Modified FMP needle,
Modified Acc pump&MAJ.
VORTEX dualcurve ignition
11,800 RPM red line
Staintune s/s exhaust & header...
Somebody stop me !!!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.