Thanks to all for a repaired oil filter cover!!!

No replies to this topic
  • tom n

Posted March 17, 2011 - 07:20 PM

I had to comment on this. Its:thumbsup::thumbsup: funny. I was just reviewing some past posts the other night and somehow stumbled across some posts about some folks having some issues with the lower bolt to the oil filter cover on some yz's stripping out. I thought to myself, "i've done plenty of changes on my yz with no issues so what are these guys talking about?" I read on anyway about how they fixed them. some helicoils and some re-tapped the existing threads as well as some other replies. Maybe I stuck with the thread because I knew I wanted to change my oil soon but i dont know, maybe curiosity. So the day before going to the track, I went to change it and wouldn't you know! (I'm very serious), My bottom filter cover bolt wouldn't thread!!! I had to fly to the hardware store to get a tap (before 5), just made it. 6mm 1.0.... well the tap did fine. Did my best to clean out the junk with q-tips etc. and made it to the track in the morning. Thanks guys, Tom :bonk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.