Think about this Question

5 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 16, 2001 - 08:56 PM

Anyone ever think that if the clutch side grip would rotate some you wouldn't get callus so badly? My hands got wiped out racing this weekend especially my left hand. They look like bloody stumps at the forward edges of my palms. Yes they were callused before I rode this weekend but my right hand isn't nearly as bad as my left hand.

This ideas sounds a little kookie but do you think it would help at all?

• SUnruh

Posted April 17, 2001 - 03:04 AM

paul,
Boyesen (the reed guys) make a product called the "Flexi grip" and it is specifically for the left hand. it allows it to rotate and you can adjust how easy it rotates too. requires a throttle side grip (because of the bigger opening).

• forloop

Posted April 17, 2001 - 04:39 AM

I have been using a flexgrip for over a two years know. I was having a real problem with blisters on my left hand. I went with moose underwear gloves and the flex grip. I will not have a bike with out it now.

It took me no time to get use to and the additional benifit from it besides no blisters is the added suspension it provides. Your upper body is now not directly coupled to your bike. Great it the whoops.

It is the only part I kept that was on my 99 KX250.

------------------
Rick
01 YZ426F #85 Vet C

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tim

Posted April 17, 2001 - 01:09 PM

In the beginning of the year, about half way through the day (when I can feel my hand stinging....) I simply wrap some electrical tape around my hand. Not too tight so it limits movement or cuts off circulation, but this will create a sliding surface for your glove. After a month or so of this, the calasses form and I am good to go for the rest of the year. Hope this helps.
Tim

• StrayCat

Posted April 27, 2001 - 02:32 PM

Great question, I never thought of it. I will check into one of those Boyesen things.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 27, 2001 - 08:13 PM

Does anyone know where we can see a detailed pic of the Boyesen Flexgrip and how much it costs? Does it come with the rubber handgrip?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.