getting plate in oregon

1 reply to this topic
  • The Hopper Show

Posted March 16, 2011 - 05:00 PM

Has anyone done it recently with success? And I mean like this year or late last?

Here is the deal. I live in washington. I am buying my father in laws 2005 wr450. He is an oregon resident. Of course, I would love to have it plated. But he has to do it for me to even have a chance in Washington. And even then, its still just a chance.

If my research is correct, he should be able to do this to his '05? I was told '07 was the last year the state put cycle on the registration and not orv? Does it matter that he has previously registered it in oregon without a plate?? Will this even work, or should I just not even take the time?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CRF2eR

Posted March 16, 2011 - 11:28 PM

My brother and I each bought a new '05 CRF250x in August of '05, and I successfully converted mine to streetlegal status in November of '05 (and have successfully re-registered it for street use twice since, enjoying it more than you can possibly know....).

Brother Bob, however, waited until spring (March) of '06 to streetlegalize his 250x. Too bad...Not possible in Oregon anymore due to it's non-certification of federal emmission compliance, is what he found out. He tried every loophole we could think of, even talking to the top EPA guy in Michigan (or somewhere back east), with no luck.

Mine is coming up again for renewal in November of this year. I'm REALLY hoping I get at least another two years of on-road option with my beloved Honda CRF250x.
Randy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.