Pro taper windham or Renthal Enduro?

13 replies to this topic
  • Fabulous

Posted March 16, 2011 - 01:52 PM

I'm looking at snagging some new higher bars for off road riding. I've done a bunch or looking around, and it seems that everyone loves the Pro Taper Contour Windham bend, so that is what I was going to go with. I just found a really good deal on some Renthal Enduro bend Fat Bars which have a very similar bend, but I can get them for about $15 cheaper...is it worth it?

• grayracer513

Posted March 16, 2011 - 01:57 PM

Renthal is the only brand of aluminum bar I've bent (twice). Never Tags, and never Pro Tapers.

• tpastrana

Posted March 16, 2011 - 04:03 PM

Renthal is the only brand of aluminum bar I've bent (twice). Never Tags, and never Pro Tapers.

http://www.facebook....7&id=1344409122

I like Pro Taper, i've snapped a few though :thumbsup::bonk::ride:

• tpastrana

Posted March 16, 2011 - 04:03 PM

• brentn

Posted March 16, 2011 - 04:05 PM

I like Pro Taper, i've snapped a few though :thumbsup::bonk::ride:

Wow!!! I was going to say maybe you over-tightened the clamps but they look level and equal on each side. Crazy.

An article on choosing the best bend to your height, arm length and riding style would be great. When it comes to bends I don't know anything...

• 97sx

Posted March 16, 2011 - 04:29 PM

I'm looking at snagging some new higher bars for off road riding. I've done a bunch or looking around, and it seems that everyone loves the Pro Taper Contour Windham bend, so that is what I was going to go with. I just found a really good deal on some Renthal Enduro bend Fat Bars which have a very similar bend, but I can get them for about $15 cheaper...is it worth it?

I am a little over 6' and I love the CR HIGH bend from Pro Taper. If I remember correctly they are very close in dimensions to the Woods HIGH. Reason I usually grab the CR HIGH over the Woods is because they are in stock at lots of dealerships.

• Steel Panther

Posted March 16, 2011 - 04:32 PM

I wouldn't worry about the brand, ive bent both pro tapers and renthals, almost every fall Ive had resulted in a bent handle bar among other things.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • niles

Posted March 16, 2011 - 08:33 PM

Buy the Renthals and spend the $15 in fuel.

• ttr250dude

Posted March 17, 2011 - 12:07 AM

Asking which bend is best is like asking which soda is best. Everyone has a different answer.

• mikedabike

Posted March 17, 2011 - 03:01 AM

I run the Renthal fatbar due to they have my favorite bend(RC High). I have bent them but usually extreme crashes. Example my supermoto bike went cartwheeling down the asphalt last week at 50MPH. Bent the right hand side down a bit but I would expect that from any bar. Definitely not everytime I tip over. I will agree the Pro-Tapers are even maybe a little stronger. I have a pair of original ones from like 1990 when they first came out still in my garage. Those things are truly indestructable, I don't know haw many hard get offs they have survived. On the other hand the alunimum 7/8 Renthals bend with a stiff wind..

• THE-OG-694

Posted March 17, 2011 - 04:59 AM

i like the Renthal twin walls my self, they cost a bit more but its only money....lol...

• cowboyona426

Posted March 17, 2011 - 06:10 AM

What he said. I put Renthals on my 426 way way back when it was almost brand new. First remotely hard get off = bent bars. Went to Tag X5's, had quite a few tumbles with no issues. Eventually upgraded to Pro Tapers and never have had a problem with them.
I run the Windham bend Contours on my 06.

• SEOINAGE

Posted March 17, 2011 - 12:31 PM

my 1994 has pro tapers from clear back then, I have tumbled and fallen on that bike so many times. They are still straight and look great even now.

• Fabulous

Posted March 17, 2011 - 01:38 PM

I went with the Pro Taper Contours in the Windham bend. Thanks for all the replies guys :thumbsup: Now I just need the damn snow to melt up here...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.