Pics of white rear fender?

21 replies to this topic
  • ttr250dude

Posted March 15, 2011 - 04:28 PM

Does anyone have any pics of a white rear fender on a blue YZF? I really like the look of the red hondas with white rear fender and number plates. I'm curious how it would look on a blue Yami. Thanks.

• yzf1999

Posted March 15, 2011 - 05:00 PM

Ive been wondering the something...

• Steel Panther

Posted March 15, 2011 - 08:38 PM

search for the yamaha picture thread, there are a few in there. And btw it looks very good.
Edit, here is the thread: http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=743244

and why not, here is an example from the thread:
Posted Image
looks like it was originally a special edition white and they added the blue shrouds and fender, It looks great tho!

• ttr250dude

Posted March 20, 2011 - 01:49 PM

Does anyone have a part number for an OEM white rear fender that will fit my 2008? Thanks guys, bill804

• ttr250dude

Posted March 20, 2011 - 08:07 PM

I did some editing so it has a blue seat cover

Posted Image

• ttr250dude

Posted March 20, 2011 - 08:11 PM

I like the way it looks but heres the catch: I've got full side plate number graphics with a black background. So my number plates appear to be black other than the trim and numbers. I suppose i could get the white fender and if i dont like the black number plates i could get a second pair of plates and just put black numbers on them...

• sledtrash

Posted March 23, 2011 - 11:48 AM

Go to rocky mountain ATV mc and buy it through them.

Also i'll throw up a pic of my 06 with a 10' fender

• Darvo

Posted March 23, 2011 - 02:26 PM

Posted Image

Older model, but you get the idea.

• ttr250dude

Posted March 23, 2011 - 06:50 PM

It looks like the '10 fender is smaller than the '08 fender. Is that right?

• sledtrash

Posted March 24, 2011 - 11:43 AM

It looks like the '10 fender is smaller than the '08 fender. Is that right?

Not that I know of it is about the same size just diff styles. I had to narrow the 10' fender to fit my bike but just on the back tabs and sides not sure if its because the 06 is narrower or because the sub frame is bent... most likely a little of both. I don't have graphics.... yet. but here is somewhat of a pic... its kinda hard to see being as its taken from the front but it looks super nice. I can't take a better pic cause its tore apart right now.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ttr250dude

Posted March 24, 2011 - 04:31 PM

Thanks 4 the pics. Sledtrash, if u have an 08-09 your gonna have a heck of a time gettin the right number plate graphic on properly. Just a heads up.

• sledtrash

Posted March 25, 2011 - 08:51 AM

Thanks 4 the pics. Sledtrash, if u have an 08-09 your gonna have a heck of a time gettin the right number plate graphic on properly. Just a heads up.

On the side number plate of the front one?

Also I threw the engine in it last night so I'll be putting it back together and I'll take some pics of it. I'll reinstall the blue front fender so you can see what it looks like. Also I bought a new pair of side shrouds and cut my old ones so they look like a ktm side panels going straight up for termination. So I don't think any number sticker will fit.

• Padgett

Posted March 25, 2011 - 09:11 AM

I like the fenders, thats my next up grade. Thank you posted that photo.

• ttr250dude

Posted March 25, 2011 - 02:33 PM

On the side number plate of the front one?

The number plate that covers the silencer is the one that's gonna give u the most trouble.

• sledtrash

Posted March 27, 2011 - 03:53 PM

I like the fenders, thats my next up grade. Thank you posted that photo.

Just so you know you will have to mod the 10' fenders to fit. The front holes are diff and the back doesn't match up at all. Just a heads up.

• SAthump

Posted March 27, 2011 - 05:05 PM

Can you post a couple pics of the rear from underneath?

• ttr250dude

Posted March 28, 2011 - 01:14 AM

Can you post a couple pics of the rear from underneath?

Are you talking to me? Do u wants pics of the rear fender bolts? I'll take pics tomorrow if i can remember.

• sledtrash

Posted March 28, 2011 - 07:53 PM

Ok so I put the plastic's on for now I still gotta run some wiring but I took some photos for you maybe a better look.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Where the back bolts hook in I had to trim the plastic.... it was like 3/8" thick and the little metal catches for the bolts were only like 3/16" so I trimmed the plastic so the fender didn't want to bow up.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ok and on these I had to trim on the under side of the fender on the left side looking towards the front of the bike. And the cardboard you see is my template for the cover I'll have to make to make up for the different style of air box.
Posted Image
Posted Image

And just a pic from the rear.
Posted Image

I'm considering painting the light pod white or buying a yamaha one and painting it white. not sure yet. but I hope that you can see what it looks like with at least a partially blue bike.

• motojase316

Posted March 29, 2011 - 02:22 AM

There is a new 2009 in background with white fender fitted.

p://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=81685

• HRC

Posted March 29, 2011 - 04:30 AM

Ok so I put the plastic's on for now I still gotta run some wiring but I took some photos for you maybe a better look.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Your rearfender/sidepanel combo actually almost look better than stock 2010 ! Great work ! :cheers:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.