Powerbomb worth it?

6 replies to this topic
  • ttr250dude

Posted March 14, 2011 - 10:26 PM

I think I've read that it's pretty hard to beat the stock header, performance wise. So would the Powerbomb really be a night and day difference?

• primerib108

Posted March 15, 2011 - 04:09 AM

I think I've read that it's pretty hard to beat the stock header, performance wise. So would the Powerbomb really be a night and day difference?

I would say no because I have one. But it helps quite things down a bit and it is an affordable replacement if you bang up the oem.

• grayracer513

Posted March 15, 2011 - 06:45 AM

Stock header on what?

A PowerBomb will broaden the torque curve "some" without adding any power at peak. So, you might end up with 1 1/2 hp more at 5000 RPM, a half more at 10K, and the same or a half less at 8500. You have to decide for yourself if that's worth $200. On an '03, it was a nice addition, because it took away the spike the stock power curve had in it. On an '06, it won't do much.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted March 15, 2011 - 02:31 PM

Stock header on what?

I think an '08...if that is the case I'd go with a full exhaust system if you are looking for more power. header only won't make much difference..

• ttr250dude

Posted March 15, 2011 - 03:00 PM

I've got a 2008. All the exhaust is stock other than a Lexx endcap. I dont want to replace the muffler unless i can find one that is completely hidden behind the number plate like the stock one. Thats why i was asking about the header.

• skull1971

Posted March 15, 2011 - 05:12 PM

I have the FMF power bomb, carbon fiber muffler,blah,blah,blah. YES the system works! and very well, BUT is it worth $1000.00 NO!! It was on my bike when I bought it. I'd save the money and put it towards a new bike, 2010-11.

• grayracer513

Posted March 16, 2011 - 07:58 AM

What you heard was it's hard to beat the stock header on a 2010-11 model. The '08-'09 model has a header that is too large in diameter to be optimal, and should be replaced. However, as DPW pointed out, the header alone will not make much difference if using the restrictive stock muffler.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.