Washington

Hill Climb by Yakima April 29th - May1st

17 replies to this topic
  • DjCromwell

Posted March 14, 2011 - 10:29 AM

This is the spot where the Hillclimb was held at before, next to the Silver Dollar cafe. This should be a fun thing to watch.:thumbsup:

link to poster

http://www.nwnitronationals.com/

Edited by old-school, March 14, 2011 - 10:37 AM.
website

• schrode

Posted March 14, 2011 - 10:34 AM

dang that looks cool. i'll have to try to make it down for some spectating. i loooooove watching the hillclimbers rip!

thanks for the link.

braaaaaaaaaaaaap

• Slackkinhard

Posted March 14, 2011 - 10:44 AM

dang that looks cool. i'll have to try to make it down for some spectating. i loooooove watching the hillclimbers rip!

thanks for the link.

braaaaaaaaaaaaap

I gotta friend that has a built KX500 with swing-arm. He might let ya try to qualify :thumbsup:

• KLR_Rick

Posted March 14, 2011 - 12:32 PM

Is any of that area open to riding when the races aren't happening? Those look like some nice hills. I would love to go give them a shot, but can't make the day for the event. Or area there any other areas in the PNW like that? I know boise has some, but I would like to find some new areas.

• schrode

Posted March 14, 2011 - 05:02 PM

I gotta friend that has a built KX500 with swing-arm. He might let ya try to qualify :bonk:

hahahaha, you got jokes. that's too funny. no, self preservation is one of my finer qualities, followed closely by devilish good looks and a cutting wit.:thumbsup::lol: spectating would be cool though

• kaptenken

Posted March 14, 2011 - 07:21 PM

I gotta friend that has a built KX500 with swing-arm. He might let ya try to qualify :bonk:

Why isn't yer friend doing it? Is he in the hospital for a while?:thumbsup:

• DjCromwell

Posted March 15, 2011 - 12:55 PM

Is any of that area open to riding when the races aren't happening? Those look like some nice hills. I would love to go give them a shot, but can't make the day for the event. Or area there any other areas in the PNW like that? I know boise has some, but I would like to find some new areas.

None of this area is open to riding. You could try Mattawa/ Saddle mt area.

• Slackkinhard

Posted March 15, 2011 - 03:57 PM

None of this area is open to riding. You could try Mattawa/ Saddle mt area.

Is it all private? Sorry, haven't ever spent much time in Yakima. :thumbsup:

• trailwhale

Posted March 15, 2011 - 04:15 PM

Is it all private? Sorry, haven't ever spent much time in Yakima. :thumbsup:

Yea -all dryland ranches/farms here. You can see the hill climb rut from SR 24

• Slackkinhard

Posted March 15, 2011 - 05:08 PM

Yea -all dryland ranches/farms here. You can see the hill climb rut from SR 24

How bout that huge canyon north of Yakima? I've driven by there and thought :thumbsup:

:bonk:

• Booger109

Posted March 16, 2011 - 06:15 AM

I've been to the Billings hill climb a couple times in the early 90's. What a spectator sport. I got to see a lot of the big name guys showing up for this event. It will be one heck of a show. I plan on making the trip over with a lawn chair and a cooler full of cold adult beverages. The people watching is almost as much fun as the event.

• Slackkinhard

Posted March 16, 2011 - 07:52 AM

It's on like Kong. :bonk:

If I got the cajones, I can ride it :thumbsup:

I feel them shrinking as I type this

• MX813

Posted March 16, 2011 - 07:54 AM

Sounds like a beer drinking sit in the sun and get sunburned type of event....

• Booger109

Posted March 16, 2011 - 08:03 AM

"Sounds like a beer drinking sit in the sun and get sunburned type of event.... "

Amen to that. I'm making sure and bringing a lawn chair that reclines so I don't get a stiff neck from looking up the hill all day. Plus a guy can take little naps with his sunglasses on and no one would be the wiser.

• schrode

Posted March 16, 2011 - 09:16 AM

It's on like Kong. :lol:

If I got the cajones, I can ride it :ride:

I feel them shrinking as I type this

are you riding your buddies bike?

you're a braver man than i. or dumberer. i'm not sure of which.:thumbsup:

don't end up:cripple::bonk:

either way i'll be there with camcorder in hand for posterities sake.

• steve86

Posted March 21, 2011 - 05:12 PM

I can't understand how they're going to handle parking. Even in the old days, when only a hundred people showed up, most of the parking spots that didn't require a jacked-up Jeep were taken.

• Fro53

Posted April 06, 2011 - 08:25 PM

I can't understand how they're going to handle parking. Even in the old days, when only a hundred people showed up, most of the parking spots that didn't require a jacked-up Jeep were taken.

We have done some improvments to the property. And we are using much more land than when they where held before. Turnout is looking good lots of pros signed up already. We do have trophy classes on friday for any style bike. Thanks

Jeff
jeff@nwnitronationals.com
www.nwnitronationals.com
Posted Image

• duner96

Posted April 15, 2011 - 11:08 PM

There is a nice little park by the Tri cities WA that has some similiar hill climbs and is open to the public. Its Hover Park . Its about 1500 acres and was an old townsite. The hills may not be as gnarley as the event , but they are a challenge for any stock length bike. I work with a regular on the hill climb circuit and he goes there to practice, he runs a stretched kx500 with a 1400cc street bike engine, definitely an animal. Pm me if you need directions, or want to set up a ride, i only live 40 miles from there.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.