pro circuit 496 , ti-4, or dr. d

4 replies to this topic
  • yamahasocal450

Posted August 04, 2003 - 05:11 PM

setting noise aside... which would be a better pipe... im looking more for a pipe to match the titanium 4 17 inch can with the powerbomb header...thanksin advance :D :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 05, 2003 - 02:44 AM

Not sure how to answer that. You said setting sound aside

You are in Calif you can not do that.

Your purchase decision must be made with sound as the number 1 reason to get a pipe. remember in 2004 even the ama is adopting a 96db limit on all events.

So the coice would be the 496

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahasocal450

Posted August 05, 2003 - 05:43 AM

i am not setting sound aside as an ultimate factory because i do a lot of riding out in mojave where sound isnt a pressing issue.... but if i were to ride say at gorman or somehwere closer to civilization i would put the quiet core insert in to keep noise to a minimum :)

• Dan_from_HB

Posted August 05, 2003 - 06:14 AM

You don't have that choice any more. BLM Rangers will cite you for anything over 96Db, even if you're 50 miles from nowhere. Stinks, but that's the law.
I'd consider FMF Q Series. They will meet 96 if you keep it freshly packed once in a while, they are reasonably priced, and they stand behind their product. Not only that, but they sponsor many off-road racers, not just a few top pros. So, they are giving back to the sport.
Just my 2 cents.

• james_b

Posted August 08, 2003 - 04:20 PM

BLM Rangers will cite you for anything over 96Db

-When are the 2-faced politicians going to put a 96 db limit on car stereos?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.