Help - Need a new exhaust for 2010 450

19 replies to this topic
  • vomitbomb

Posted March 13, 2011 - 05:58 PM

Hi All,

I managed to destroy my exhaust system on the weekend and slightly bent my subframe. I'm also going to need new plastics for the back since they're a bit twisted.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anyway, now I'm tasked with finding a new full exhaust system.

I would like one that isn't horribly loud and I'm not particularly fussed with which one has the most power gain. Any suggestions?

• brentn

Posted March 13, 2011 - 07:09 PM

The DRD has a great setup with header/silencer combo, same as the GYTR just less expensive. Only comes in stainless steel I believe.

• Troutman

Posted March 13, 2011 - 07:16 PM

The YOSH is a great pipe as well, the full stainless system is a decent price. You should be able to find one under $500. Nice work on your old pipe I didn't think you could even damage the mid pipe on the new Yami's seeing that they are tucked away so good, but I guess you can damage anything when it comes to dirt scooters.

• moto278

Posted March 13, 2011 - 11:07 PM

i can vouch for the pro circuit ti-4r system. helped it reve out more and love the way it looks as well

• HRC

Posted March 14, 2011 - 12:09 AM

Don´t know if it is availble in US but I´m super happy with my Arrow exhaust system. It makes the hole powerband come alive ! It´s 94db by FIM rules so it´s quiet but still sound very nice and crisp !

http://www.arrow.it/eng/website/

• APlusAutoParts

Posted March 14, 2011 - 06:18 AM

i have the pro circuit also i feel it extended the top end a little more im very happy with it

• rcmxracing

Posted March 14, 2011 - 08:06 AM

Happy with Yosh. They have a variety of lower Db inserts available.

• Chazmagnum

Posted March 14, 2011 - 08:13 AM

I have tryed the Dr D and FMF And yosh. IMO the FMF and YOSH are head and shoulders above the drd in top end performance.

• vomitbomb

Posted March 14, 2011 - 02:44 PM

Thanks for the replies.

What are these exhausts like in terms of noise? How would they rate against each other?

• norcal_hoss

Posted March 14, 2011 - 03:39 PM

Leo Vince makes a quality exhaust and it under 96 db out of the box.If you need a direct number you can PM me and I can give you the race managers direct line and he will take care of you. They have some really good deals on slip ons and full systems right now. They bolt on perfectly comes with everything you need. Ive had them on a few of my bikes and really like them. I think the header on most 450 if not all of them is good enough and just a slip on exhaust works as good. I just put a leo vince slip on on my 2011 we get sounded tested and it passes easy. I ride mx only. The packing is designed to last over 50 hours.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted March 15, 2011 - 03:46 PM

Posted Image

http://www.akrapovic...ing-8204d35b10/

• brentn

Posted March 15, 2011 - 04:27 PM

I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the recommendations, they all make an excellent quality product.
MRD did some testing with his slip on's and had found that the stock pipe flows very very well. Point being here if you can find a deal on a used 2010 header all you'll need is a slip on. Just an idea if your on a budget.

• vomitbomb

Posted March 15, 2011 - 09:44 PM

It looks like a fair few people are getting the DR. D exhausts so I might have a look at one of those.

How do these compare with the others? FMF, YOSHI, etc?

And what is the downside of the aluminum/stainless vs titanium?

• Chazmagnum

Posted March 16, 2011 - 03:59 AM

Here is what's left of the packing of my DR D after 6hrs. IMO The FMF or YOSH offer better performance and less hassle.

Posted Image

• bsam450

Posted March 16, 2011 - 08:47 PM

WoW! One hell of a crash? FMF, very quiet and lot's of power. https://picasaweb.go...412239908388034

• HRC

Posted March 17, 2011 - 12:51 AM

Leo Vince makes a quality exhaust and it under 96 db out of the box.If you need a direct number you can PM me and I can give you the race managers direct line and he will take care of you. They have some really good deals on slip ons and full systems right now. They bolt on perfectly comes with everything you need. Ive had them on a few of my bikes and really like them. I think the header on most 450 if not all of them is good enough and just a slip on exhaust works as good. I just put a leo vince slip on on my 2011 we get sounded tested and it passes easy. I ride mx only. The packing is designed to last over 50 hours.

I have had some Leo Vince exhaust´s in the past and I can only agree with norcal_hoss....great exhaust with low db but still produce good power !

• vomitbomb

Posted March 17, 2011 - 06:04 PM

WoW! One hell of a crash? FMF, very quiet and lot's of power. https://picasaweb.go...412239908388034

Hi Bsam,

Any particular model of FMF? I have always been under the impression these were the louder exhausts.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted March 18, 2011 - 04:21 AM

I have the FMF 4.1 Full Titanium system on my 2010 450 and it has lots of power especially at the bottom. It is way quieter than the DRD I had on my 06 even when the packing was worn out.

It has a nice tone to it and isnt the least bit loud.

• bsam450

Posted March 18, 2011 - 03:21 PM

It is the titanium, same as captain knobby mentioned, exactly. I have noticed that it is much quieter than all my buddy's bikes. The Pro-circuit was super loud. https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

• Ron Hamp

Posted March 19, 2011 - 04:57 AM

the fmf the new can makes better power with the insert and is quieter

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.