WR Stator Bolt Removal Question

3 replies to this topic
  • CalamariKid

Posted March 12, 2011 - 05:24 PM

I cracked the engine cover and in order to replace it need to remove the stator which is attached on the inside with two star headed bolts. Anyone know what tool is used to remove these?

BTW - cut the crap (5 stitches) out of my thumb on the engine cover removing two other bolts inside there. Those cover's edges are sharp bastards!

• Birdy426

Posted March 12, 2011 - 05:37 PM

It's called a Torx bit...not dure what size, but I would guess T20 or T25. You can pick up a whole set at most auto parts stores for around 20 bucks...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CalamariKid

Posted March 13, 2011 - 03:41 PM

• woods-rider

Posted March 14, 2011 - 12:03 PM

Yup, torx bits. Imo the phillps should be retired and replaced with torx on EVERYTHING being produced EVERYWHERE.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.