best mod or purchase
Posted August 04, 2003 - 07:50 AM
1= The best thing you have done
10= Either a waste of time or money.
1. uncork the Exhuast
2.the right jetting. for me (larryco or JD both where the same for me)
2. Power now
3. grey wire
4. YZ Tanks and seat
5. Race Tech Valves and Springs
6. Bridgestone 602 tire.
7. Bark buster. Did not do much for speed but I haven't bent bars or broke a clutch or brake lever since I put them on.
8. BK mod. You know what this did nothing for me.
9. moving my fork tubes up in the triple clamp 1/4" (took some getting use to but I like it now.
10. Actually putting on new bars (taller) was pretty dang nice. It would actually rate 4ish.
I have not Done the YZ timing yet but am hoping that it will rank in the top 3.
Posted August 04, 2003 - 08:48 AM
Posted August 04, 2003 - 08:54 AM
Posted August 04, 2003 - 09:08 AM
I went to an enduro up by Rand, Calamity Pass. I really need to go up there and play ride, they have some great trails. How bout you??
Posted August 04, 2003 - 09:27 AM
Sunday more or less the same thing but much faster, had to be back to the truck by 1:00. My Friend I was riding with took a pretty good digger by Taylor Lake so that kinda sucked. Good riding there though.
Are you riding this next weekend???
Posted August 04, 2003 - 10:05 AM
Posted August 04, 2003 - 11:24 AM
$200 Zipty tank, One gripper seat AND remote hot start.
$100 FMF PowerCore IV 2 with loud and Qcap. (He tossed in a stock header as well.)
$100 PT CR high bars and triple clamp.
I am getting impatient for that used GPR!!!
Posted August 04, 2003 - 01:36 PM
Posted August 22, 2003 - 10:54 AM
Posted August 22, 2003 - 08:56 PM
1. Uncorking the stock exhaust.
2. Promotobilet endcap because I like it quiet and have to be.
3. Flatlands Rad Guards, cause I earn gov't $$ and it ain't enough to replace rads every month.
4. Grey Wire and throttle stop (18mm)
5. Acerbis hand guards.
6. Uh, that's about all I have done because I still suck and the bike is faster than I am.