84 cr250 Rightside crankcase cover

11 replies to this topic
  • Ron250rGC

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:18 AM

I NEED ONE,been looking if someone has one or a whole motor with a good cover let me know,the part is a one year only and unavilable.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HodieRacer37

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:45 AM

Water pump rot? I hate to tell you but this part can be next to impossible to find. I know of a few guys who have been able to fix theirs themselves. Other then that EBay will be your best bet.

• 250psd

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:49 AM

I found a NOS one from Dillon brothers for my 85 for $177. I bought it in the end of december 2010. Check there. I just checked on their site and it says an 84 is not available but when I checked an 85, they have it and it says 84-86??? May be an 85 cover will work for you?

• traileater

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:39 AM

84 is a 1 year only cover. Others will NOT fit.
Ron how bad is yours? Many have been saved with JB weld, but not the real bad ones.

• Ron250rGC

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:07 AM

acually its cracked from the outside someone JB weld on it before,I have not pulled the cover yet to see if and how bad of rot,will do that soon and try to fix wih jb

• Wavehog33

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:01 AM

acually its cracked from the outside someone JB weld on it before,I have not pulled the cover yet to see if and how bad of rot,will do that soon and try to fix wih jb

I have an extra 1984 Honda Cr250 right side clutch cover. The cover was rebuilt using Devcon aluminum epoxy. It was the first cover I rebuilt so I have gotten better at it since then. I switched it out for another I found in better condition overall. I do notice that I must have had a couple air pockets during the Devcon process as there looks to be some pinholes that would need repaired. here are some pics, before and after on the bike. I can get more pics of the cover if you are interested. Email me wavehog33@att.net
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Elsner203

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:59 AM

I feel your pain. I've been looking for a right side crankcase cover for an 83 CR125 for about 3 years now. I only rode it a couple times before it was shot.

• bombdigitty

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:30 AM

I will soon need one for an 1983 CR250 I think I might try and save it before its to late though

• bombdigitty

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:39 AM

Sorry...I need the left side cover. 83 the pump was on the left.

• traileater

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:54 AM

Ebay is your friend!

• Elsner203

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:06 PM

I have an extra 1984 Honda Cr250 right side clutch cover. The cover was rebuilt using Devcon aluminum epoxy. It was the first cover I rebuilt so I have gotten better at it since then. I switched it out for another I found in better condition overall. I do notice that I must have had a couple air pockets during the Devcon process as there looks to be some pinholes that would need repaired. here are some pics, before and after on the bike. I can get more pics of the cover if you are interested. Email me wavehog33@att.net
Posted Image
Posted Image

Did you recreate the water flow channels after the rebuild was finished in the second pic?

• Wavehog33

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:06 AM

Yes, I did repair the water line holes in the cover. The Devcon was applied and then I used a dremel tool with various bits to reshape the ports. The 3 other covers I have done since this cover look much nicer. But this cover worked well too.
If by channels you are referring to the recessed area around the impeller, than no, I did not re-create the channel.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.