WR450 Frame Compatibilty

7 replies to this topic
  • majorholdups

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:50 AM

Hi Guys, I hope someone can help me please,,,,,

I have had a bit of an accident on my 2007 WR450f (alloy frame). I have damaged the frame to a point where I hoped the easy route would be to buy a secondhand frame (rather than attempt to straighten/repair)

BUT,,, there seems to be very little frames about (unless someone on here has one for sale??)

My main question is:- Is the WR450 alloy frame the same as the:--

WR250?

YZF450?

YZF250?

AND,,, is the 2008, 2009 versions all compatible too,, Many Thanks in advance,, Mark (aka;- Major Holdups):thumbsup:

• 67baja

Posted March 10, 2011 - 08:09 AM

Too bad you are in the uk. I have an extra 07 frame (without title, but with original paperwork) in my garage. As to your other questions, sorry but I can't help you.

• majorholdups

Posted March 10, 2011 - 10:55 PM

Well,,,,, Thanks for the reply 67baja,,,

I would be happy to go to great lengths to buy the frame off you and get it shipped over.

I also have a Mastercraft (American) ski boat and I often have larger items shipped over to the UK.

If you are happy to help, then I am?? Cheers Mark.

• mikewrf18

Posted March 10, 2011 - 11:42 PM

All 07' through 11' WR450F frames are the compatable. Not sure on the WR250F and YZF frames will work without significant modification though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 67baja

Posted March 11, 2011 - 04:24 PM

Well,,,,, Thanks for the reply 67baja,,,

I would be happy to go to great lengths to buy the frame off you and get it shipped over.

I also have a Mastercraft (American) ski boat and I often have larger items shipped over to the UK.

If you are happy to help, then I am?? Cheers Mark.

I'm game, but I've never shipped anything out of the us and the frame IS fairly large - I have no idea what it would cost to ship.

Have any of you guys shipped something as big as a frame out of the country? Any tips? Fedex, UPS, or USPS?

• MaxPower

Posted March 12, 2011 - 11:47 AM

[COLOR="Green"]I just shipped a set of cases to the UK
USPS was nearly half of what FedEx and UPS wanted to charge me.
But I see alot of UPS and FedEx trucks around so someone is getting a differnet rate than I was getting
I shipped a YZ frame once and USPS wasnt particlular about the packaging which made it easy. Forgot the cost but it was reasonable.
The only thing I dont like about USPS is the God Awful attitudes of the people that work at my post office.
[/COLOR]

• majorholdups

Posted March 13, 2011 - 11:00 PM

Thanks for that,

I will try and enquire for pricing through USPS from over here in the U.K.

67baja,,, could i have a rough idea where you are based in the U.S (Iam based in Nottinghamshire in the U.K)

ALSO,, I suppose more importantly how much are you wanting for the frame??

I dont mind if you want to carry on this thread on here,,, OR ,, if you want to email me on mph777699@hotmail.co.uk your more than welcome.

Thanks Again for all the helpful replies. (Iam so Itching to get my beloved WR back up and running!!) Cheers

• 67baja

Posted March 14, 2011 - 06:42 AM

Email sent

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.