UNI FILTER OR TWIN AIR

31 replies to this topic
  • Jetster220

Posted August 05, 2003 - 07:13 AM

Its in a spray can now huh, well thats news to me. In that case they both good :). I just never liked pouring it, may look into it now.

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted August 05, 2003 - 07:19 AM

No toil comes in a areosal can now? When I was using it it was in a pour bottle.

Ohhhh yes Momilkman :) It makes it sooo much easier.

Fryboy

Uni makes aerosol spray on oil and aerosol spray on cleaner. I bought the spray on cleaner by accident and used it, instead of my usually mineral spirits and that uni cleaner kicks a$$, Personally I think it is EASIER than no toil. Spray on wait 3 minutes then rinse in the sink. No tubs and mixing powders and such. Give it a try, $6-$7 per large can and that should clean 10-12 filters :D.

• MOmilkman

Posted August 05, 2003 - 07:35 AM

Uni makes aerosol spray on oil and aerosol spray on cleaner. I bought the spray on cleaner by accident and used it, instead of my usually mineral spirits and that uni cleaner kicks a$$, Personally I think it is EASIER than no toil. Spray on wait 3 minutes then rinse in the sink. No tubs and mixing powders and such. Give it a try, $6-$7 per large can and that should clean 10-12 filters :).

Hmmm :D Never heard of Uni cleaner either. If I see a can on the shelf at my local dealer or the TT store has some I might try it.

• Fryboy

Posted August 05, 2003 - 07:50 AM

Momilkman,

I have tried to Uni Spray oil too. I used it because I ran out of No Toil and wanted to ride!! I seemed to use a lot more of that oil to cover my filter. At that time it was a Uni Filter. I practically used a whole 8 dollar can of the stuff. Uni is not bad, but in my opinion a bigger pain in the arse then No Toil.

Fryboy

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted August 05, 2003 - 08:22 AM

Momilkman,

I have tried to Uni Spray oil too. I used it because I ran out of No Toil and wanted to ride!! I seemed to use a lot more of that oil to cover my filter. At that time it was a Uni Filter. I practically used a whole 8 dollar can of the stuff. Uni is not bad, but in my opinion a bigger pain in the arse then No Toil.

Fryboy

The small cans of uni oil spray are $5, and i can easily get 5- 6 filters out of it. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I don't have any problems with dirt getting by the first filter. In fact I clean the inside filter about every three changes and at that it isn't very dirty. I just went to filter skins and like the way they work, only got one ride on them so I will see how it goes.
To the guys running filter skins do you have to pull the whole filter to change them. I think that it is a pain to pull the whole assembly off just to change the filterskin, I was hoping to be able to do it without pulling the filter out, any advice, please? :)

• ddialogue

Posted August 05, 2003 - 10:23 AM

I put all my No Toil in a air-tight container and then when I need to oil up the filter I just soak it in the oil and wring the excess back into the container. No mess, no wasted oil and the filter is completely oiled up. I wear laytex gloves to keep my hands clean. Spray on sounds good but I'm happy with my process. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jekel

Posted August 05, 2003 - 03:43 PM

filter skins pull off without removing the filter. Excellent product. ride and pull a filter skin. fresh filter.. :)

• comp182

Posted August 05, 2003 - 06:59 PM

Jekel let me ask this question! I have never seen a filter skin so I don't know if this would work. give me your thoughts. Here is my idea, I don't care what anyone says a K and N filter will flow more air than any other filter on the market. However I am willing to consider everyones comments about a K and N plugging up and/or letting dust through. However I am confident that the K and N will stop as much dust particals as a faom filter. Maybe I am right, maybe I am wrong but that is not my issue with the K and N. My issue is that they are a pain in the butt to clean and re oil. So here is the big question! will a filter skin fit over a K and N?????????????????

• Chas_M

Posted August 05, 2003 - 07:48 PM

"Will a filter skin fit over a K&N?? It might. The older 4 stroke ATKs came stock with a cylindrical K&N filter covered with a foam sock. This setup breathed very well and filtered very efficiently.

• comp182

Posted August 06, 2003 - 03:20 AM

Chas now you are getting me all excited. Does any one else have any input on the Filter skins over the K and N????

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted August 06, 2003 - 04:56 AM

filter skins pull off without removing the filter. Excellent product. ride and pull a filter skin. fresh filter.. :)

Have you been able to put one on without pulling the filter. I am going to give it a try next time.

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 06, 2003 - 05:21 AM

Dont waist your money on a filter skin. Steal one of your wife/girlfriend Leggs works just as good and the only thing you will have to be out is a

Wife/Girlfriend
Thats funny I cant seem to find those Silk Victoria Secrets, I hope I did not loose them they were 50 bucks

You
Ahh Babe thats a shame, if ya can not find em then lets go down together and gets some more, And while we are there would you mind if I buy ya something special :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.