UNI FILTER OR TWIN AIR

31 replies to this topic
  • comp182

Posted August 04, 2003 - 03:15 AM

So what is the diffrents???? What is better???? Why????

• MOmilkman

Posted August 04, 2003 - 04:06 AM

The only difference I know of is Uni-Filters is actually 2 filters, one that sits inside the other. Twin-Air is a dual element filter also, but its just 1 filter.

Which really dosent make any sense:
"Uni" Filter = 2 filters
"Twin" Air Filter = 1 filter :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 04, 2003 - 06:53 AM

Dont matter either are fine

They both do the same job and dont make you any faster :)

• Jetster220

Posted August 04, 2003 - 06:56 AM

I like the UNI's. I like the fact they are two seperate filters and seems like they keep dirt out a little better and can be cleaned out better. Other than that they will both do there job very well, its just which ever one you want.

• BlueThunder

Posted August 04, 2003 - 09:08 AM

Agree with the Jetster.....UNI's for me because they seem to be easier to clean.....both are WAY better than the stocker though. :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 04, 2003 - 09:11 AM

I am just curious here

How is it better then stock ?

and

Why or how does one clean better then the other ?

• Jetster220

Posted August 04, 2003 - 09:23 AM

Well its just my opion that they are better but the outside filter is a little coarser than the one on the inside to stop the bigger particles and the inside one is a very fine foam. Really I have never really ever seen the inside one dirty at all also since it is 2 seperate filters both get a dosing of filter oil which is kind of double protection I guess. As for cleanng better I guess you can get more of the dirt our because with 2 filters there is less material in each to try and get the dirt out of.

• BlueThunder

Posted August 04, 2003 - 09:33 AM

Also the foam membrane on the UNI's and TwinAir's doesn't break down as quick from cleaning while the stock foam seems to break down quickly. I also use Filterskins over my UNI and the filter itself rarely needs more than a quick once-over to clean it up. Filterskins catch the majority of dirt and they clean and dry quickly :). All this cause I DESPISE cleaning my air filter. Next bikes gotta have the side access panel!

• Jekel

Posted August 04, 2003 - 01:31 PM

My vote is for the Twin Air. Little smaller design, easier to go in and out of the box. Less chance of picking up contaminates during installation. I've used both and that was the only difference. Both high quality. :)

• yamaha250f

Posted August 04, 2003 - 04:49 PM

stock filter suck. Both of mine are trash, they rip and fall apart. Im very happy with my Twin Air

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BruceWA

Posted August 04, 2003 - 05:37 PM

Have been using Uni's for years and have had zero problems.

• DesertChris

Posted August 05, 2003 - 04:42 AM

I used the exact grease Yamaha recommends in the manual to seal the filter to the intake boot, it ate the stock filter, leaving little chucks of foam everywhere. I have a UNI now, thats what they had at the store I was at, seems to be good quality.

• ddialogue

Posted August 05, 2003 - 04:54 AM

The glue on UNI filters used to fall apart when using No-Toil oil. I'm not sure if they've resolved that issue but it's something to keep in mind.

• MOmilkman

Posted August 05, 2003 - 05:15 AM

I think Uni did resolve that problem. But I resolved it by tossing the No-Toil.

• Jetster220

Posted August 05, 2003 - 05:16 AM

But I resolved it by tossing the No-Toil.

Never used the NO-Toil but PJ1 is the oil to use. Much easier to put on and you dont waste a bunch.

• Fryboy

Posted August 05, 2003 - 06:39 AM

But I resolved it by tossing the No-Toil.

Never used the NO-Toil but PJ1 is the oil to use. Much easier to put on and you dont waste a bunch.

Much easier to put on? You are kidding me right? What is easier than spraying with an aerosal can? :) No Toil is the straight shizit

Fryboy

• Jetster220

Posted August 05, 2003 - 06:56 AM

Much easier to put on? You are kidding me right? What is easier than spraying with an aerosal can?

Thats my point, what is easier than spraying it on. :) The No-Toil gets everwhere when you are trying to pour it one. But if ya like it use it, its just my .02

• Fryboy

Posted August 05, 2003 - 07:08 AM

Jester,

No Toil makes aerosol oil. No Toil

Fryboy

• MOmilkman

Posted August 05, 2003 - 07:08 AM

What is easier than spraying with an aerosal can? :) No Toil is the straight shizit

Fryboy

No toil comes in a areosal can now? When I was using it it was in a pour bottle.

• Fryboy

Posted August 05, 2003 - 07:10 AM

No toil comes in a areosal can now? When I was using it it was in a pour bottle.

Ohhhh yes Momilkman :) It makes it sooo much easier.

Fryboy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.