front wheel

5 replies to this topic
  • frdbronco8

Posted March 08, 2011 - 11:04 AM

Im sure this is here somewhere but I couldn't find it. I swapping 01 WR426 forks to my DR and wonder which wheel I need. I would like to keep my speedo but there are alot more yz wheels on ebay for cheaper. Can I buy a YZ wheel and a WR odo drive or will they not work together?

On that note anyone have a complete WR wheel and axle they want to sell?

• danfromnb

Posted March 08, 2011 - 05:04 PM

I believe you need the WR wheel for the drive, I don't think the yz hub would have the lugs to turn the gear.

• frdbronco8

Posted March 08, 2011 - 05:10 PM

Ok thats what I was thinking. Thanks. Also can anyone tell me how the odo cable connects to the odo drive? Mine plugs into the hole and has a set screw.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • danfromnb

Posted March 08, 2011 - 05:17 PM

Ok thats what I was thinking. Thanks. Also can anyone tell me how the odo cable connects to the odo drive? Mine plugs into the hole and has a set screw.

The drive cable itself is your basic run-of-the-mill square speedo cable. The casing screws onto the drive like a car's (only smaller)

Check this random link for a good pic of the drive, you can see the top is threaded:http://cgi.ebay.ca/0...c#ht_3596wt_905

• frdbronco8

Posted March 10, 2011 - 11:13 AM

Thats what I was afraid of, looks like a different mount style. Thanks for the info!
Looks like I might have to go the RM route

• gsa102

Posted March 12, 2011 - 05:05 AM

The WR hub is machined differently from a YZ hub to accept the odo drive. The WR hub also has a different sealing arrangement. So no, a YZ wheel will not fit the odo drive. The hubs are very similar and are interchangable if you get the right spacers and seals to eliminate the odometer.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.