2006 WR450F off road tire Help..

5 replies to this topic
  • emiller74

Posted March 08, 2011 - 09:57 AM

I've searched a few forums and two dealerships for info and their giving me conflicting information concerning my bike. I have road tires and would like to purchase off road tires. My question is what rims/tires will work. Some say any WR250/450 and any YZ250/450,, others say the 2006 is different and they will not work.. Others say the bearings and spacers are different.. Since i'll only be dirt riding maybe once a month I really prefer to buy used tires and rims.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• danfromnb

Posted March 08, 2011 - 05:23 PM

Probably your best bet would be to research it yourself on a parts fiche (babbit's etc)

The front yz wheel is different, no odometer drive on the yz. The rear wheel on the yz is a 19 not 18, not sure if the rear hubs are interchangeable or not, I can't see why not though.

• WideRatio

Posted March 09, 2011 - 03:33 PM

Any wheels from 1999 and above, YZ125, YZ250, YZ426 wr426 wr250 wr450 will work. Brake disk may have to be changed before 2003-ish.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gsa102

Posted March 09, 2011 - 06:59 PM

You need a YZ spacer and seal to use a YZ wheel on the front, but they will work. The seal arrangement is different for the odometer drive. I have seen a special spacer for just that purpose on here before.

• gsa102

Posted March 09, 2011 - 07:04 PM

Flatland racing makes the spacer I was talking about. Search for the thread "WR wheel on a YZ"

• emiller74

Posted March 11, 2011 - 04:25 AM

Thanks for the info, just picked up a set from a 2003 WR450F, ordered a set of stock spacers (since he said the front didn't have any) so hopefully I'll get them bolted on. Thanks again..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.